Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Last weekend at Newark saw THIS COMPANY with a different slant on A-Frames.

I don't want to start another thread on A-Frames but their system is some what different to the current systems. It attracted me as 1) it can be reversed, & 2) it it much less cumbersome than the current offerings.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
looks interesting but fail to see how it is any different to a standard "A" frame in respect to reversing. Just how does it overcome the camber and castor angle does it have powered steering in some way? Did you see it reversed around a corner or even in a straight line on a sloping road?
more information please.

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
I must admit I enquired about the price of the a frame kit, then choked when told £1500:whatthe::whatthe:

Alan H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I must admit I enquired about the price of the a frame kit, then choked when told £1500:whatthe::whatthe:

Alan H

if that is the price then it's not bad.

a fitted caratow will cost between £900 and £1150 depending on make/model of car and a brake buddy...which it appears to be, or the uk equivilent..... will be as much again if not more then £1500 is cheap.

trailer reversing requirements are to be able to reverse in a controlled manner...nothing said about reversing round corners.

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
I must admit after reading the OP I browsed their website and realised it was more than just an A frame.
So as you say it is not quite as expensive as I first thought:Doh:

Alan H

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
This company as been around for sometime, in fact 5 years according to their web site.

Minor details, but for me incorrect wording "so it is fully away of the vehicle’s attitude" on how the system works and why no video ? Puts a thumbs down for me.

Probably over suspicious, but now a days before I make any expensive purchase I do consider what happens to the warranty should a company cease to exist.

Just my thoughts !

But taking all of the above into consideration, which I stand by, I do feel bad because I really would like to see a British manufacturing company do well. I just wish they would get their act together, change the wording and take 10 mins out and put a video, if not on their web site straight away, on You tube.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Their website says that they are 100% legal....wonder if they will pay any legal fees should the need arise :Eeek:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am on very thin ice, I am sure someone who knows far more than I do will correct me.

But I am sure I have read some where that electrical braking is not legal in the UK.

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i believe that the construction and use regs rule out electronic braking. however, as a dedicated brake buddy user, this doesn't worry me too much!

des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back