Tow-Bars 2 Tow-cars

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by keith, Mar 30, 2010.

1. keith

keith Funster

Last weekend at Newark saw THIS COMPANY with a different slant on A-Frames.

I don't want to start another thread on A-Frames but their system is some what different to the current systems. It attracted me as 1) it can be reversed, & 2) it it much less cumbersome than the current offerings.

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

looks interesting but fail to see how it is any different to a standard "A" frame in respect to reversing. Just how does it overcome the camber and castor angle does it have powered steering in some way? Did you see it reversed around a corner or even in a straight line on a sloping road?
    more information please.

3. Fatalhud

Fatalhud Read Only Funster

I must admit I enquired about the price of the a frame kit, then choked when told £1500:Eek!::Eek!:

Alan H

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if that is the price then it's not bad.

a fitted caratow will cost between £900 and £1150 depending on make/model of car and a brake buddy...which it appears to be, or the uk equivilent..... will be as much again if not more then £1500 is cheap.

trailer reversing requirements are to be able to reverse in a controlled manner...nothing said about reversing round corners.

5. Fatalhud

Fatalhud Read Only Funster

I must admit after reading the OP I browsed their website and realised it was more than just an A frame.
    So as you say it is not quite as expensive as I first thought:Doh:

Alan H

6. takeaflight

takeaflight Read Only Funster

This company as been around for sometime, in fact 5 years according to their web site.

Minor details, but for me incorrect wording "so it is fully away of the vehicle’s attitude" on how the system works and why no video ? Puts a thumbs down for me.

Probably over suspicious, but now a days before I make any expensive purchase I do consider what happens to the warranty should a company cease to exist.

Just my thoughts !

But taking all of the above into consideration, which I stand by, I do feel bad because I really would like to see a British manufacturing company do well. I just wish they would get their act together, change the wording and take 10 mins out and put a video, if not on their web site straight away, on You tube.

7. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Their website says that they are 100% legal....wonder if they will pay any legal fees should the need arise :Eeek:

8. takeaflight

takeaflight Read Only Funster

I am on very thin ice, I am sure someone who knows far more than I do will correct me.

But I am sure I have read some where that electrical braking is not legal in the UK.

9. des

des Read Only Funster

i believe that the construction and use regs rule out electronic braking. however, as a dedicated brake buddy user, this doesn't worry me too much!

des