Tow bar and electrics (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Many years ago as a mechanic I used to make good bonus fitting tow bars and electrics for a main dealer, I'm considering fitting a bar and electrics to my car, a 2011 Peugeot 3008. I've just looked up the kit on t,net, bar not bad at ~ £110 but the electrics kit....£200 supply only and it needs to be programmed when fitted by Peugeot computerised system, (I'm sure there,s other computers to do it) but still not a DIY job any more. Bloody Canbus systems, scotch locks are a thing of the past!!:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Talking theoretical, you could still do it.

If you wired a transistor to the bulbs in question then used that to drive the extra bulbs the load would be so small the CANBUS would not spot anything had changed.

OP
OP
Gooney
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Talking theoretical, you could still do it.

If you wired a transistor to the bulbs in question then used that to drive the extra bulbs the load would be so small the CANBUS would not spot anything had changed.

Probably so Brian, but the thought of tapping into ribbon cabling or onto the back of lamp sockets....and still doesn't overcome the fact the Canbus needs reprogramming:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back