Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We were in Wales recently and the coast is full of English people who have retired there or live there for one reason or another. Woodlands Park is a nice site, http://www.woodlandsparkharlech.com/, but it is special because it is at the foot of the steepest street in the country. I did it, with a stru..ggle. It is also beside the station and we got a train into Barmouth, another lovely place with a big car park right on the sea front. The dogs will be allowed on the beach now I think.

We also went to this one. .. It is a lovely open site, right beside the beach, which is very stoney and rocky, with loads of pools when the tide goes out. Ellie loved it. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
I'm an Englishman in Wales, still get the odd bit of banter about being a foreigner, but Phil is spot on. And in Pembrokeshire I'll add Broad Haven, Little Haven, Marloes - the list is almost endless. But some of our roads are a little narrow. That's why it's so unspoilt around the coastal area and I wouldn't have it any other way. But there's more to Wales than beaches. For a fantastic view drive south down the A478 from Cardigan.

I can recommend 'The Toy Museum' near Cardigan - Newcasle Emlyn if you want to chill out, it's one of the best. :thumb:
Dear dear I've opened a can of worms perhaps a sense of humour is required, the forum after all is called fun.ps it seems to me the most posts are from the English maybe I was bang on Full of English don't take the bait

Bill

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Dear dear I've opened a can of worms perhaps a sense of humour is required, the forum after all is called fun.ps it seems to me the most posts are from the English maybe I was bang on Full of English don't take the bait

Bill

Certainly not,,, It was a genuine question... in an appropriate section ( UK Touring)..

Which I am grateful for some genuine answers... :thumb:

I`m all for a bit of banter and a laugh, especially on a miserable day like today... But even Me/I :RollEyes: do tend to keep it in the "U Shaped Lounge" where most members expect the leg pulling and banter and **** taking... :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Certainly not,,, It was a genuine question... in an appropriate section ( UK Touring)..

Which I am grateful for some genuine answers... :thumb:

I`m all for a bit of banter and a laugh, especially on a miserable day like today... But even Me/I :RollEyes: do tend to keep it in the "U Shaped Lounge" where most members expect the leg pulling and banter and **** taking... :thumb:
Perhaps next year we will have to open up new sections English Touring if Scotland and the way the Welsh are talking we could be independent

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
[Please don't tell folk about Shell Island otherwise everyone will go there and there won't be enough room for Snowbird, Carol & other funsters including me!

It's really awful there, no facilities, miles from anywhere, loads of boring sea and mountains to look at, and all that sand...

We're going w/b 21Oct..., I expect it will be a real drag....

Catherine

I found Shell island in Camping and caravan book, it looks good and I was going to ask if anyone had been there, thanks for the feedback, we might see you there, is that half term week??

Ginny

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We were in Wales recently and the coast is full of English people who have retired there or live there for one reason or another. Woodlands Park is a nice site, http://www.woodlandsparkharlech.com/, but it is special because it is at the foot of the steepest street in the country. I did it, with a stru..ggle. It is also beside the station and we got a train into Barmouth, another lovely place with a big car park right on the sea front. The dogs will be allowed on the beach now I think.

We also went to this one. .. It is a lovely open site, right beside the beach, which is very stoney and rocky, with loads of pools when the tide goes out. Ellie loved it. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

I wouldn't go back to the on-site restaurant at Aberaeron Coast. I had chicken korma and wasn't very impressed. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Perhaps next year we will have to open up new sections English Touring[HI] if Scotland and the way the Welsh are talking we could be independent[/HI]

If England had the vote, that might be so :Smile: but Scotland looks likely to vote to stay with England, and why not, everyone likes a winner:thumb: :reel:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
If England had the vote, that might be so :Smile: but Scotland looks likely to vote to stay with England, and why not, everyone likes a winner:thumb: :reel:
A sense of humour at last,and your right I will vote to stay in the uk cause you guys need us ? how can I get the wee rod man I can't attach the wee smiles

Bill

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I found Shell island in Camping and caravan book, it looks good and I was going to ask if anyone had been there, thanks for the feedback, we might see you there, is that half term week??

Ginny

Might see you there... :drink::beer:

We are there from (approx.) 16th... :thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Blimey Bailey, you certainly know how to make friends, have you considered a career in the Diplomatic Service?

More, "they speak Welsh when the English come in", YAWN...

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Ginny

No Ginny, it's the week before, thank goodness!

C

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I would definately try Chester Mo. Its a great City on the gateway to Wales. Im running the marathon there this weekend.

But the really good thing is, It's still legal to shoot a Welshman with a longbow if they are seen in the city walls after Dark.

Perhaps if I invite Shiftzz up, take him out at day time, keep him there till night fall, you could take the shot :winky:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if you want a traditional seaside town then Tenby is worth a visit, maybe get yourself a trip out to Caldy Island and say hello to the Nasturtiun Monks

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I would definately try Chester Mo. Its a great City on the gateway to Wales. Im running the marathon there this weekend.

[HI]But the really good thing is, It's still legal to shoot a Welshman with a longbow if they are seen in the city walls after Dark.

Perhaps if I invite Shiftzz up, take him out at day time, keep him there till night fall, you could take the shot[/HI] :winky:

Nasty, nasty, nasty!:whatthe:

I'm going to stick my foot out and trip you up during the marathon:winky:

Then I'm outta there before darkness arrives:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back