Touring Portugal (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
i have been watching the Wildcamping in Portugal thread so need some advice. We have toured France & Spain many times, usually use Aires in France and only stay in a place maximum of 2 nights but in Spain if longer will use a site. This year we intended to drop into Portugal at the top, tour round coast & inland, we are now wondering will we find places to park (wild camping) or will we have to use sites. We are not bothered about the Algarve, will just pass through as we leave and go back into Spain. So advice would be appreciated, will we find good places to park for a night, what should we see & what should we give a miss. We are in our 60's, hubby has problems walking any distance, we do have bikes but I am not good in traffic. So look forward to professional Portugal tourers recommendations and thank you in advance.

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Get Campercontact on your phone or tablet. The All the Aires book was good when I was in Portugal from vicarious. Found some nice free places. Vera was good too nice cheap aire there and a free one across the road too

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
There are plenty of Aires that will welcome you, some free some a few euros so you do not have to use sites unless you want to even if you don't wildcamp. As previously mentioned Camper contact or All the Aires from Vicarious books have plenty of options.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Just got full version of camper contact on my iPad , but it doesn't show full on my iPhone, do you have to pay again for a different phone?.

Mickey.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just got full version of camper contact on my iPad , but it doesn't show full on my iPhone, do you have to pay again for a different phone?.

Mickey.

You shouldn't have to I did not. Just log in with the same details as on your iPad and you should be able to access the full version.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes , I've done that, no joy.

Mickey.
Do both devices share the same ITunes account ?
If not, delete Campercontact on your iPhone

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Vera was good too nice cheap aire there and a free one across the road too

Sorry I meant to say Silves nice place run by a dutch dude clean good facilities and walking distance to a great supermarket

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back