touring france (1 Viewer)

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
sitting here in benidorm raco wondering which way to go back to calais anyone recomend route for the best aires have only stopt in a couple in france so not realy sure which is best.the weather here has been mince the last few days looks a bit dodgy for today.i have decided to leave a week early and try france that should just about finish off my liver::bigsmile:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

Sorry to hear the weather has gone crap. Not sure which side of France you are thinking of. I have just done a trip down to the Loire Valley, some of the better Aires I used were:-

Honfleur
Chalonnes Sur Loire
Beaugency
Briare
Le Touquet - 2 options very close

Also worth looking at are

St-Pourcain-sur-Sioule
and the ones on Lac du Chantecoq

Some you do have to pay on. I guess it depends a lot on what you want in the way of Views, facilities & location.

Have a good trip back up.

Mike. - Currently on site at the Newbury show.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Again

Just looked at the BBC site for the F1 in Barcelona and it looks good, perhaps moving north would help.

Link Removed

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are at Amboise near the west of France in the loire valley and the weather is hot hot hot so if you like the heat come here, we are on a municipal site but there is an Aire next door at €10 a night,walking distance to town lovely town it is too, too hot for us, we are going near these coast where it is cooler.

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
Hi

Sorry to hear the weather has gone crap. Not sure which side of France you are thinking of. I have just done a trip down to the Loire Valley, some of the better Aires I used were:-

Honfleur
Chalonnes Sur Loire
Beaugency
Briare
Le Touquet - 2 options very close

Also worth looking at are

St-Pourcain-sur-Sioule
and the ones on Lac du Chantecoq

Some you do have to pay on. I guess it depends a lot on what you want in the way of Views, facilities & location.

Have a good trip back up.

Mike. - Currently on site at the Newbury show.
dont mind paying long as they are no bad as i say only tried 2 in france so hope to go to a few of the ones you mentioned.:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Checkout funster heyupluv in his link are all sorts of aires all over france the link is to his piccaso web page and you find they are in albums from each trip so click on the albums if i remember right he does put the names of the aires or towns at the bottom of the pics. He has been to some lovely aires

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
Checkout funster heyupluv in his link are all sorts of aires all over france the link is to his piccaso web page and you find they are in albums from each trip so click on the albums if i remember right he does put the names of the aires or towns at the bottom of the pics. He has been to some lovely aires
thanks i will try that. bit of a numpty with a pc but that sounds easy enough.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back