grandadbaza

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Habrough, N E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
Not being old hands at touring France in a motor home ,thought I would ask for a bit of advice from all you old hands . We are leaving for France for a month in late June ,have planned a basic itinery of one and two night stops on the way down southwards ,then looking for a more formal site in the Dordogne area where we could put our feet up for a about a week and relax with the odd trip out here and there ,but would like reccommendations for places to stop off and visit on the way down ,we will be coming from Hull / Zeebrugge.
Then looking for a site in the Dordogne for a week or so , that has a bar and restraurant on site , mabye a swimming pool (incase it gets really hot ) and is not totally in the shade so we can soak up the sun and also get a Satellite signal so we can lay in bed watching tv some mornings after a heavy night on the vino!!
So would appreciate any recommendations:Smile::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My advice is to plot a basic route not using the motorways, heading in the general direction that you wish to end up. Then just poodle along. There are loads of places to stop, especially on the village and town aires that are everywhere. When in France buy this book, you can find it almost every where, once you have it, you are spoilt for choice for places to stay while on your journey

9782358390118.jpg

batchpatch

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M
Exp
Since 2005
France visit

Hi
My route of choise would be west coast D Day landings, honflour, Mont-saint- Michel, Le Rochelle,congnac,perigueux,bergerac,domme,sarlat,Chateau-De Montfort,Chateau-de-Milandes. Look on francethisway.com. I hope you enjoy france. We visit ever year for 6 years and more to come again this easter and summer holls.
Regards
Batchpatch.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
My alternative would be to head South East from Zeebrugge, and head for the Ardennes of Belgium, to be found South of a line between Charleroi and Liege. You will have some stunning scenery virtually all to yourself. Excellent food and wine in those parts too.

From there you can head more or less South, then heading gently South West finishing up in the Dordogne.

The return home can then be up the West side doing Batchpatch's route in reverse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back