Touring Belgium (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Has anyone any experience of touring Belgium, I have stayed at Bruges and one or two other sites on my way to or from the UK, but on the way back the other day I noticed quiet a number of very interesting town signs on the motorway some regarding canal lifts etc and have been wondering if anyone has toured the country and if there are any suggestions for perhaps a rally or meet later this year.

Interested in any suggestions for places to visit and campsites

Braunston

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we started our month tour of Europe in Ypres last year. Lovely campsite within walking distance of town & so much to see.

gar163y

Free Member
Dec 23, 2008
Uckfield, Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Five years
Belgium Water Ski Racing

You may be interested in this Belgium event. There's usually about a hundred campers, everything from the scruffiest tent to the most expensive RV, all parked in line beside the Prince Albert Canal. The facilities are pretty basic but plenty to eat and drink. It's always a fun weekend with fast, thrilling racing.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Belgium is one of those places we just drive through. It is on the list to actually see more than the main roads through though...

gar163y

Free Member
Dec 23, 2008
Uckfield, Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Five years
Belgium has several things going for it......................

mussels & chips, chocolate and beer! :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
we have stayed and toured a little of Belgium. The south of Belgium is actually amazingly nice with some great Forests very friendly people and some fantastic cake shops,,:winky:

There is a member from Belgium whom may come along and give some better advice.

Mike C.

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Yes I'm from Belgium.
Stayed one week ago on a nice big farmercampsite "Polderzicht" at Sluis ( 11 € a night for motorhome, 2 p. with elec ).The campersite lies about 3 miles from Sluis.
Sluis ( a nice little town) is about 10 miles above Bruges and nearby there is the nature reserve "Het Zwin" famous for birth watching. Ideal also for bicycling.:thumb:

In the south for example you have beautiful caves to visit at Han-sur-Lesse near Rochefort and the caves at Hotton.

greetings

Mike C.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Mike

Welcome to the web site, really great to hear from people living in other countries, and thank you for your suggestions, and those from other people.

Braunston

Yes I'm from Belgium.
Stayed one week ago on a nice big farmercampsite "Polderzicht" at Sluis ( 11 € a night for motorhome, 2 p. with elec ).The campersite lies about 3 miles from Sluis.
Sluis ( a nice little town) is about 10 miles above Bruges and nearby there is the nature reserve "Het Zwin" famous for birth watching. Ideal also for bicycling.:thumb:

In the south for example you have beautiful caves to visit at Han-sur-Lesse near Rochefort and the caves at Hotton.

greetings

Mike C.

danielhenry

Free Member
Jun 16, 2010
Funster No
Belgium, a country of diverse regions, is comprised of Flanders, Wallonia, and the Capital region of Brussels. There are lots of good place, The Grand'place one of the most beautiful town squares in Europe. Have fun and enjoy your holiday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back