touring abroad (1 Viewer)

J

Jim Brand.

Deleted User
This year we did France and Belgium.Great weather,over all a wonderful trip .
Last year we did Southern Ireland, again awonderful trip,rained all the time we were tjhere except for the one day.That was the day we were leaving.
Next year we were contemplating France and Spain, but I have heard very bad reports about Spain in general i e anti motorhome reports even hi jackings,
Can anyone comment on these reports??
Thanking All in antisipation.
Jimbee06.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When travelling you should think about your security but not worry too much about it. Right now there are hundreds of thousands of motorhomes in France and Spain enjoying a crime free holiday. :thumb:

If you do worry about crime then you should then you should leave for the continent ASAP as you are more likely to be a victim of it in the UK::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Next year we were contemplating France and Spain, but I have heard very bad reports about Spain in general i e anti motorhome reports even hi jackings,
Jimbee06.

:RollEyes: We have been around Spain for the last 13 years. Not had any problems yet. Apart from bikes stolen off the back of the RV when we left it unattended for too long a period.
Then again. That happened in the UK too. :Doh:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
This year we did France and Belgium.Great weather,over all a wonderful trip .
Last year we did Southern Ireland, again awonderful trip,rained all the time we were tjhere except for the one day.That was the day we were leaving.
Jimbee06.

Hi,

We are off to Spain next weekend and I have absolutley no problems at all with the levells of crime etc. The Sapnish police are a lot harder on criminals than ever the UK police are. Spanish people know that the vast majority of their revenue comes from tourism and they will not readily tolerate anybody who jepordises this.

As ever there will be a minority but as long as your sensible about where you go, what you do and how you act there shouldnt be any problem.

Go and get the sun on your back and enjoy

Jim :thumb:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Hi, I went down to Spain for 3 weeks, in fact, have only been back for 2 week and I want to go back. Stayed on sites as I understand they don't like Wilder's. Having said that, everyone was fantastic. No trouble, no worries. As others have said, go and enjoy yourself, Hope its cooled down some, never got below 100F during daytime.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back