touring abroad

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Jim Brand., Aug 26, 2008.

1. Jim Brand.

Jim Brand. Deleted User

This year we did France and Belgium.Great weather,over all a wonderful trip .
    Last year we did Southern Ireland, again awonderful trip,rained all the time we were tjhere except for the one day.That was the day we were leaving.
    Next year we were contemplating France and Spain, but I have heard very bad reports about Spain in general i e anti motorhome reports even hi jackings,
    Can anyone comment on these reports??
    Thanking All in antisipation.
    Jimbee06.

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Bad things happen everywhere.

Go to Spain and enjoy:Wink:

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

When travelling you should think about your security but not worry too much about it. Right now there are hundreds of thousands of motorhomes in France and Spain enjoying a crime free holiday. :thumb:

If you do worry about crime then you should then you should leave for the continent ASAP as you are more likely to be a victim of it in the UK:BigGrin:

4. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:RollEyes: We have been around Spain for the last 13 years. Not had any problems yet. Apart from bikes stolen off the back of the RV when we left it unattended for too long a period.
    Then again. That happened in the UK too. :Doh:

5. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi,

We are off to Spain next weekend and I have absolutley no problems at all with the levells of crime etc. The Sapnish police are a lot harder on criminals than ever the UK police are. Spanish people know that the vast majority of their revenue comes from tourism and they will not readily tolerate anybody who jepordises this.

As ever there will be a minority but as long as your sensible about where you go, what you do and how you act there shouldnt be any problem.

Go and get the sun on your back and enjoy

Jim :thumb:

6. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

Hi, I went down to Spain for 3 weeks, in fact, have only been back for 2 week and I want to go back. Stayed on sites as I understand they don't like Wilder's. Having said that, everyone was fantastic. No trouble, no worries. As others have said, go and enjoy yourself, Hope its cooled down some, never got below 100F during daytime.:Rofl1: