Tour of Flanders & Paris-Roubaix (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi, we are new to this site and new to motorhoming. Exciting times ahead!! For our first trip we are off to see the Tour of Flanders Easter weekend and then plan on travelling to Luxemburg and the edge of Germany for some cycling before heading back to Roubaix for the following weekend's racing. We have booked campsites for the 2 weekends but are going to leave the rest to chance. Does anyone have any useful advice to 2 mid life cyclists on their first trip away. We have bought some very good books and have all the necessary equipment and insurances, breakdown cover etc. Any advice/guidance gratefully received.:winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a few Funsters that follow the cycling so look out for the stickers::bigsmile: If you enjoy motorhoming in the UK you'll love it on the continent, they are just so much better set up that we are when it comes to providing plenty of places to park. Have a good trip:thumb:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Thanks Jim. We are complete newbies so we are going to try the MH next weekend as it seemed a bit mad to go too far on our inaugural trip. In anticipation of loving it we have also booked the Eurotunnel for July so we can be in the Pyrenees for the Tour De France. Think we had better get ourselves the motorhome fun sticker! :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The best inaugral trip is on your drive, or at least very close to your house. Just live in the van on your drive for the whole weekend. You'll be amazed how many little trips you'll make to the house for stuff. Salt, Soap, squash, sugar Scissors, sellotape, sauce, sheets, shampoo, scourer, stock cube, spices and sunscreen well maybe not this weekend::bigsmile: But that's just the S's there are all those other letter of the alphabet::bigsmile: Exciting times, have fun:thumb:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I downloaded a free app for my IPhone called Campers List cos I know we are going to forget stuff the first few trips so I will gradually create a check list. As long as I don't forget my hubbie or my bike I will be ok!!:ROFLMAO:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Hi Coolbeam and welcome to the club! I wont be at the tour of Flanders but will be in the Pyrenees I think its the 4th-6th of July hopefully by then I will have a sticker on my CI van so look out for me (I will be flying a union flag and pirate windsock next to the van)

::bigsmile:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome Coolbeanz - I'll be in Belgium at the end of May for the 'RetroRonde' - kind of a pageant for pre-80s bikes! Good to see more pedallers on the forum. I'm also working in the Pyrenees in June and September as a guide for Marmot Tours - if you're ever looking for a challenging supported ride, they are highly recommended! As for 'homing - this is our first year and can only repeat the advice of others - don't go too far for a 'shakedown' first night! If our drive wasn't on a 10% slope we'd have used it! ACSI [Google if new to you] is invaluable for cheap sires out of season as well. Good lick!

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi ericonabike, thanks for the info. We have just bought the ACSI books as well as Motorhome Aires and a couple of caravan club books. Will check out Marmot Tours, sounds interesting. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back