LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok after 18 years of going to France in mobile homes, tents, caravans, ski,s and motorhomes, we have decided that we may do something different this year. Practically experts on French travel and even being able to speak a bit between the four of us we are stepping out of our comfort zone.
Our plan is that we will manage to scrape together just short of 3 weeks off. Therefore I am thinking about where we could/should go and would be keen on information about any of the following, or my proposed route. We have done some of it before and TBH didn't think to much of it but this was because we spent 2 weeks missing France:RollEyes:

So I was thinking about something along the lines of, Dover Calais, (of course) then through Belgium, Luxembourg, down through Germany in to Slovenia, where we would stop for a week or so on its coast line.
Then coming home I think maybe a bit of Italy and Suiss before back up through the east of France.

So has anyone any experience of these vast areas? if so what one place/sight would you reccomend seeing?
TIA:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They'll absolutely love you out there.

That dog of yours will feed a whole family for a week.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Sadly that Dog will be in Kennels, however How much do you think I will get for the kids?:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Ok after 18 years of going to France in mobile homes, tents, caravans, ski,s and motorhomes, we have decided that we may do something different this year. Practically experts on French travel and even being able to speak a bit between the four of us we are stepping out of our comfort zone.
Our plan is that we will manage to scrape together just short of 3 weeks off. Therefore I am thinking about where we could/should go and would be keen on information about any of the following, or my proposed route. We have done some of it before and TBH didn't think to much of it but this was because we spent 2 weeks missing France:RollEyes:

So I was thinking about something along the lines of, Dover Calais, (of course) then through Belgium, Luxembourg, down through Germany in to Slovenia, where we would stop for a week or so on its coast line.
Then coming home I think maybe a bit of Italy and Suiss before back up through the east of France.

So has anyone any experience of these vast areas? if so what one place/sight would you reccomend seeing?
TIA:thumb:

Guess where we are heading...yep we decided to do Slovinia before coming back up to italy to meet the funsters!

So when are you guys deciding to go???

Keep up todate with our travel blog and perhaps there may be something of use in that.

have a good one

jan n pat
:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Guess where we are heading...yep we decided to do Slovinia before coming back up to italy to meet the funsters!

So when are you guys deciding to go???

Keep up todate with our travel blog and perhaps there may be something of use in that.

have a good one

jan n pat
:thumb:

now your copying, :ROFLMAO:
I will wait your return from my reconnaissance mission.:whatthe:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sadly that Dog will be in Kennels, however How much do you think I will get for the kids?:winky:

Hmmmmmmm. Not much meat on them.

Better chance with Nikki, that pale western skin would find a home in some oil producer's harem. You might need to travel a bit further south for the better dealers. TIP: try and do a deal in barrels of oil. Never take the first offer.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Ok after 18 years of going to France in mobile homes, tents, caravans, ski,s and motorhomes, we have decided that we may do something different this year. So I was thinking about something along the lines of, Dover Calais, (of course) then through Belgium, Luxembourg, down through Germany in to Slovenia, where we would stop for a week or so on its coast line.

I went into Slovenia from Austria last year and crossed the border via the Karawanken tunnel (A11/E61). At almost five miles long it's an amazing feat of engineering.

This places you to the west side of Slovenia, which you will be in if you are heading for the small area of coastline which Slovenia has. I stayed for a week at Camping Radovljica N 46.34771° E 14.17236° a site I would thoroughly recommend with excellent amenities....very quiet and peaceful and only a short walk to the wonderful town of Radovljica. More a large village than a town, Radovljica is very pretty.

Not far from here is the amazing Lake Bled which is a 'must see'. Unfortunately it's extremely popular with the tourists and I think everyone who visits Slovenia also makes a trip to Lake Bled. There are very few places to park around here and the 'nouveau riche' have taken over so you just have to bully your way in and ignore the snoots. Property prices around Bled are possibly the highest anywhere in Slovenia and very sought after. Its easy to see why as the countryside around this area of Slovenia is very beautiful.

A visit to the capital city of Ljubljana is also worthwhile. Lots of pavement cafes and coffee bars and on certain days there is a huge market with stalls selling everything and anything! Plenty of places to park with just a short walk into the city.

I was heading off to Hungary so left Slovenia via the east and this area is very very different to the west. Quite flat and noticeably poorer with crude agricultural labour around and old rather shabby looking housing. The 'money' is all in the west......which is where you are going!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I went into Slovenia from Austria last year and crossed the border via the Karawanken tunnel (A11/E61). At almost five miles long it's an amazing feat of engineering.

This places you to the west side of Slovenia, which you will be in if you are heading for the small area of coastline which Slovenia has. I stayed for a week at Camping Radovljica N 46.34771° E 14.17236° a site I would thoroughly recommend with excellent amenities....very quiet and peaceful and only a short walk to the wonderful town of Radovljica. More a large village than a town, Radovljica is very pretty.

Not far from here is the amazing Lake Bled which is a 'must see'. Unfortunately it's extremely popular with the tourists and I think everyone who visits Slovenia also makes a trip to Lake Bled. There are very few places to park around here and the 'nouveau riche' have taken over so you just have to bully your way in and ignore the snoots. Property prices around Bled are possibly the highest anywhere in Slovenia and very sought after. Its easy to see why as the countryside around this area of Slovenia is very beautiful.

A visit to the capital city of Ljubljana is also worthwhile. Lots of pavement cafes and coffee bars and on certain days there is a huge market with stalls selling everything and anything! Plenty of places to park with just a short walk into the city.

I was heading off to Hungary so left Slovenia via the east and this area is very very different to the west. Quite flat and noticeably poorer with crude agricultural labour around and old rather shabby looking housing. The 'money' is all in the west......which is where you are going!

Thanks for that bulletguy,
Sounds just what were looking for. Has nobody else been? wow, so many members and so few adventurers.:Sad:

as a matter of interest how much was the site?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years

Brian me and Mrs Diabalo nearly wet ourselves reading this:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back