castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
Just spent a great four days following the first three days of the tour, campervans just parked everywhere you can possibly squeze into , with just fantastic atmosphere from all concerned , blighted somewhat by two uk vans who decided to effectively blocking off a carpark on day three ,when parking end on would get four or five vans in. The comments fron locals was classic. From england soon they will be gone (brexit) and they cannot play football. . I was glad to be in a french van and speaking french!!
Will be back again next year.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Fly out to Helen Friday for the Andorra stage on 10th. Looking at the ITV4 coverage I think Helen will be the oldest camping car on the tour, barring VW type 2s. Well done Cavendish.

Shame some of our countrymen fail to think of others - they are of course the minority but they are the ones that get noticed and remembered.

:france::france::france:

Last edited:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
So envious of you Cleve, I wish we were going, we have watched it many times before parked at the side of the mountain road. Too busy valeting vns to go this year:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
It's actually going through our village this year. So just a little trip down the hill. Unfortunately it is a bit of straight road so will probably be about 30 seconds passing us.
But better than driving up to the Pyrenees.
Steve

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We're at an aire at St.Antonin Noble Val, arrived on Sunday and see signs for the tour coming through on Thursday, so still here and going to have a look today.
PS the aire is free with water and a very old town to look at, canoe trips down the river and nice shallow river to swim in.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpeg
Here we ready for tomorrow's stage up Col D'Aspin. Funster Ted and friends joining the excitement!!!
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 14

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Just spent a great four days following the first three days of the tour, campervans just parked everywhere you can possibly squeze into , with just fantastic atmosphere from all concerned , blighted somewhat by two uk vans who decided to effectively blocking off a carpark on day three ,when parking end on would get four or five vans in. The comments fron locals was classic. From england soon they will be gone (brexit) and they cannot play football. . I was glad to be in a french van and speaking french!!
Will be back again next year.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We're at an aire at St.Antonin Noble Val, arrived on Sunday and see signs for the tour coming through on Thursday, so still here and going to have a look today.
Well we watch the tour come through yesterday and what a spectacle, the caravan was fascinating.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Going from Pau to Toulouse yesterday I saw some signs about the Tour but was too tired to read them properly...

On the Toulouse ring road... stuck in traffic (haven't experienced any of that since last year) I saw some extraordinary giant "figures" moulded onto vehicles...

One day I will get around to parking up and enjoying the atmosphere...

JJ :cool:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
One day I will get around to parking up and enjoying the atmosphere...
Hi JJ. You must do it!! The spot we found on the way to Col d'Aspin was perfect! Not too crowded but the atmosphere was wonderful. The weather was good(hot:Eeek:) but as thunderstorms were forecast no prob!

:france:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You got a lot more stuff than us, we only got about an 1/8 of that but I did get hit on the head by some stuff and we were in a town with quick kids picking up everything. Good to see though.(y)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
image.jpeg
Nearly there spent last night Camping Casal, Andorra of to Col shortly

Good morning Andorra

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Cleve We are heading for Andorra tomorrow. Is the Camping Casal full? Is it possible to book?

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Ali, sorry I have only just seen your reply. No wifi at Col de Bexalis (wrong I know) so sorry I was not able to help. After an amazing drive we are back there now. I am to cans of 1664 down and off to get a good shower. Will update here and my Helen the Hymer. thread tomorrow, you will be amused by my tale.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello, well shortly after I had penned the above there was an almighty Thunderstorm and the wifi was gone and not back before I left on Monday morning. That is Dennis in the picture, I am as usual the invisible man behind the lens (time I got a selfie stick).

Had a great time up at the Col Bexailis, sadly only the press souvenir vans came through the usual Tour Vans did not so I was unable to buy my usual bag of junk. Still more to spend next year.

Pictures of Helen in place and riders passing.

Longer "ripping yarn" on Helen the Hymer shortly (when I have written it).

Only able to do the one stage this year but the plan is to do Col du Tourmalet next year.

Wifi in rural France is painfully slow, at least here it is! Took forever to upload just the two pictures so I may delay writing the Helen thred until late on the off chance that all the teenagers will have quit some of the band width. Cheers

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Talk of finishing tomorrows stage (Ventoux) at Chalet Reynard due to the high winds on top of the mountain.(n)

Lets hope not !

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We were at Ventoux for the stage on the 14th and rode about 4kms from Bedoin. The day before they were on about 80 mph winds and some of the cyclists were freezing on the way down. It was 5 degrees up the top. One lad about 13 had to be cuddled by his dad as he got off his bike as he was shivering like a shitting dog.
It was plenty warm down the bottom in a suntrapped beer garden with some leffe in hand though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back