Apr 19, 2011
Midlands & Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone!

We bought our Autotrail Cheyenne 634 2000 a few weeks ago. The plan is to retire to Spain for the winter months of the year & spend our time in MH during spring & summer months. I'm Eileen & my OH is Gordon. Gordon is retiring at Easter just under 2 years from state pension age, I'm already retired.

We've just been to NEC for the Caravan and Motorhome show to pick up some accessories. At the moment we have our MH in storage locally but after a short trip to Spain to sort out building work to a house we have bought there we are coming back in July to spend summer in the UK in our MH.

We hope to meet some of you over the next few months. Our first trip out will be next week to York which may be a challenge as we can't get gas heater to work. Watch this space!

All the best
Eileen & Gordon

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! Probably quite a few questions on residency and MH insurance etc to be addressed if I read your plan correctly. But I am sure it can all be sorted. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome, even though you are actually not a new member.

It sounds like you have a great retetirment plan and will enjoy your freedom to the full.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hello, And welcome re.your gas fire try taking the vent cover off the outside then check pipe work to fire making sure isolation valves are open ,then check out battery usually located at base of fire in a small box left hand side AA size finally make sure gas bottle is open and plenty in it once you have.checked out these few things if fire is not operational it's time to get it back to dealer.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Eileen & Gordon, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the Broken Link Removed

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi Eileen and Gordon

Must say I am a little disappointed as when I saw the title I thought this was going to be a homage to the great Kermit the Frog :D2.

Never mind and welcome to the madhouse anyway :welcome4:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

elksie

Free Member
Apr 19, 2011
Midlands & Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks so much folks! Looking forward to new adventures out in MH & to getting to know you all.

Thanks Mike for the tip on the gas fire. Think we will have to contact the dealer as have tried most of those things. Guess that's what the warranty is for!

We're off to York next week for a few nights so don't want to freeze at night.

Eileen & Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back