Total newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jools39, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jools39

Jools39 Read Only Funster

Hello to everyone. I am totally new to motor homes, but used to do quite a bit of caravanning and camping when I felt more youthful! I am planning to go touring long term, as fed up with working and working and not enjoying the rewards as everything goes to big corporations for utilities and tax! I want to wake up to a different view every month, or week or whenever the gypsy urge takes us, not sit staring at the neighbour building yet another conservatory or water feature or listen as the kids scratch yr car cos they are unsupervised! In the next 18 months my Master Plan will b sell up, move into new motor home, then head off across the Channel. (need to put "book ferry" to do list or it'll be a soggy crossing)!

I'm looking at the Autotrail camper versus Eddis versus Hobby. Wonder if anyone has any opinion on best one.

Cheers

Jools. Xx

• Like Like x 3
  2. maz

maz Funster

Hi Jools and welcome to the Fun. :welcome:

Those names you've listed are just manufacturers, each producing a fair number of models. Hobby models will be fully winterised, British vans won't. Other than that, it's a bit difficult to say which is best as it depends on your needs. :Smile:

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome Jools,:thumb:see which layout suits your needs best then decide :Smile:
    terry

4. Phill D

Phill D

Hi Jools, welcome.... layout is everything, then payload if you can get both those in a Hobby then :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    i'm not a fan of Autotrails but many are very happy owners.

good luck and happy travelling:thumb:

5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Jools, welcome to fun, I would type full timing into the search at the top, and find out all the information you can about it, amazing how many people are doing this, have a look around as many models of the various makes of van you can. There is so much to choose from.
    One of the best investments is the £10 annual subscription to Motorhome Fun, lots of honest information at your finger tips.

6. Swiftroy1

Swiftroy1 Read Only Funster

Hi Jools and welcome to Fun.

Although I don't fulltime, I suggest that you inspect as many 'vans as you can before you make the decision to buy. Take your time, make a list of must haves, like to haves and would be nice if it had. Then ask as many questions in the forums here. That way, you won't spend your money and regret it later.
    Roy

7. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:party2::welcome::party2:

8. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink: