Jools39

Free Member
Feb 4, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hello to everyone. I am totally new to motor homes, but used to do quite a bit of caravanning and camping when I felt more youthful! I am planning to go touring long term, as fed up with working and working and not enjoying the rewards as everything goes to big corporations for utilities and tax! I want to wake up to a different view every month, or week or whenever the gypsy urge takes us, not sit staring at the neighbour building yet another conservatory or water feature or listen as the kids scratch yr car cos they are unsupervised! In the next 18 months my Master Plan will b sell up, move into new motor home, then head off across the Channel. (need to put "book ferry" to do list or it'll be a soggy crossing)!

I'm looking at the Autotrail camper versus Eddis versus Hobby. Wonder if anyone has any opinion on best one.

Cheers

Jools. Xx

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I'm looking at the Autotrail camper versus Eddis versus Hobby. Wonder if anyone has any opinion on best one.

Hi Jools and welcome to the Fun. :welcome:

Those names you've listed are just manufacturers, each producing a fair number of models. Hobby models will be fully winterised, British vans won't. Other than that, it's a bit difficult to say which is best as it depends on your needs. :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome Jools,:thumb:see which layout suits your needs best then decide :Smile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Jools, welcome.... layout is everything, then payload if you can get both those in a Hobby then :thumb::thumb::thumb:
i'm not a fan of Autotrails but many are very happy owners.

good luck and happy travelling:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Jools, welcome to fun, I would type full timing into the search at the top, and find out all the information you can about it, amazing how many people are doing this, have a look around as many models of the various makes of van you can. There is so much to choose from.
One of the best investments is the £10 annual subscription to Motorhome Fun, lots of honest information at your finger tips.

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jools and welcome to Fun.

Although I don't fulltime, I suggest that you inspect as many 'vans as you can before you make the decision to buy. Take your time, make a list of must haves, like to haves and would be nice if it had. Then ask as many questions in the forums here. That way, you won't spend your money and regret it later.
Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back