Tosser driving Bailey 740......... (1 Viewer)

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
It's strange that normally law abiding citizens when they get in their vehicles think that they are exempt ie using phones ,speeding ,parking .I would like to see all these vigorously applied with no ifs and buts , thus making life easier for the majority .

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
About time somone in authorty stopped pussy footing with this one.

Equip every pollice vehicle with portable roadside phone crushers (I imagine something like a chip maker).

As long as they have photographic evidence - no warning, no second chance, no excuses, even new iPhone 9 - in the crusher with the remains presented to the car driver as a souvenir. Bye bye, on your way.

I thought that Mk 1 boot heel would be sufficient.

Cilfan

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
Flint North Wales
Funster No
MH
Desperately Seeking
Exp
Devout Wannabe
Anyone else noticed a trend lately? I see more people texting while driving than I do making a call while driving?!
You're absolutely right and the fault (apart from the user themselves) lies with airtime providers, who include a ridiculously high number of texts in monthly packages - ergo texts are cheap.

Personally I can't see the point of having a mobile and using it to communicate via the written word. It makes no sense to me and can be downright bl**dy annoying - not to mention extremely distracting and dangerous when driving.

Hands free devices are 2 a penny nowadays and many modern vehicles come Bluetooth enabled. So that driver - who was justifiably the subject of the OP's wrath - was not only a tosser but also a tight, irresponsible pillock. Perhaps after wedging out 30-40k for his van he couldn't afford a decent airtime package that would allow him to make a hands free call. Makes me spit!!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You're absolutely right and the fault (apart from the user themselves) lies with airtime providers, who include a ridiculously high number of texts in monthly packages - ergo texts are cheap.

Personally I can't see the point of having a mobile and using it to communicate via the written word. It makes no sense to me and can be downright bl**dy annoying - not to mention extremely distracting and dangerous when driving.

Hands free devices are 2 a penny nowadays and many modern vehicles come Bluetooth enabled. So that driver - who was justifiably the subject of the OP's wrath - was not only a tosser but also a tight, irresponsible pillock. Perhaps after wedging out 30-40k for his van he couldn't afford a decent airtime package that would allow him to make a hands free call. Makes me spit!!!
Texts are made available to customers cheaply because they cost the networks virtually nothing. Sir Gerald Whent once described them as something like a licence to print money.

I would say that it makes no sense to me to have hands free calling available when driving - as it, too, is extremely distracting and dangerous when driving :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For those who don't think that using a phone whilst driving is a problem even with a hands-free kit, try a little experiment:

Next time you get a phone call at home go and do another job simultaneously, eg make a cup of tea ... then work out how many times you paused whilst doing this little task because you were concentrating on the phone call instead.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I thought you women could multitask??? :D
Yes we can but wouldn't want to give the wrong impression to you mere mortal males in case you also tried to do it and failed miserably! :D

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Don't think I would have caught him on dashcam. Anyway, wife broke the window holder so it wasn't on(n). Having been the victim of a rear end shunt due to some dizzy bitch texting, it really gets me mad. Youngest son was injured also but because we had no witnesses, she got off with it. I seen her texting as I passed her; at the next roundabout she came in to the same lane as me then was obviously too distracted to notice I had braked. I looked in my rear mirror after she hit me and the realisation of what she did must have hit her because she threw the phone over her shoulder on to the back seats. My word against hers. (n)
Like ,not, the way you didn't just say camera holder broken but had to point out it was your wife who'd broken it. Heaven forbid anyone should think you'd broken it:Eeek:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I once, in an moment of extreme agitation told Siri to shut the **** up, I was on my own. And she said "there is no need for language like that"and then said "shall we try again"? Try it, it's so funny

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've got a Bailey 740SE and I didn't take offence, I didn't take the gate either.

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
I detest with a passion people who text while driving. Its playing with peoples lives. If someone killed or injured one of my fam while texting and driving they would be soon supping soup through a straw for the rest of their miserable lives.

If it were up to me, anyone caught by the rozzers should be put through the system, fined a grand and banned from driving for 6 months. As people started getting nicked it would soon be apartment to these A holes its not worth the risk.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I lost a family member owing to sume one texting.
He left a 3yo daughter and the hole family was devastated hi brother was killed two years earlier in a RTA as well owing to a dizzy bich driving to fast
Bill

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
It pervades all of society , I'm at a poolside at the mo and the pool is full of kids and what is the lifeguard doing ? ........... yep , texting ! Amazing !

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Txt and using the phone while driving imo should carry a hefty fine, like £2500..what the hell is so important that it cant wait ? In France right now an it seems like every other car driver is on the phone, even seen a few with the A on the back Nov the car which I think means they have recently just passed...scary !
I think the A is just being part of a petrol buying group.......might be wrong though!

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I think the A is just being part of a petrol buying group.......might be wrong though!

I do think you are wrong in this instance :cautious:

The "A" means "apprenti", or in English "Learner's Permit". In the Olden Days the sticker said "90", which meant you weren't allowed to go over 90 KPH since you were a learner.

In France you have to be 17 ½ to have your full permit. However, you can start when you're 16 by taking 20 hours of coursework at an "Auto Ecole", and then passing a written test. After that it gets really complicated.

You can drive 3000 km with a driver over 28 who has had their licence for at least 3 years. There are all sorts of rules for the person you're driving with, plus you have to put a sign in the back window saying you're "conduite accompagné" ("CA").

Instead of this you can take lots of hours of lessons from the above-mentioned "Auto Ecole" which costs about £20/hour, depending on where you live and how much they feel like charging. <*** src="http://www.french-number-plates.com/accessories/'" border="'" alt="'" width="'" height="'" align="'" />

Either way, you have to be a minimum of 17 ½, and have either finished the 3000 km pre-requisite or completed the driving school, and have passed a driving test, to finally have your license. Then you get an "A" in your back window for one year.

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Like ,not, the way you didn't just say camera holder broken but had to point out it was your wife who'd broken it. Heaven forbid anyone should think you'd broken it:Eeek:
Honest, she did. This is how it went: her, how does this thing come off? Me, didn't get chance to answer, her oops, think I have broken it, followed by fits of laughter. Me Oh Please!, her, more fits of laughter. THE END :(

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I only came to that conclusion because all of the drivers i have seen with the A on the back have been pretty young. ..but what I have seen this last week of French drivers makes me think the majority of them needs to learn to bloody drive, the impatience of them would have you think the germans had invaded france :LOL::LOL:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Some drivers these days seems to lack the brain power to drive in a reasonable fashion without getting in the way of those that do! They have no appreciation of vehicles behind them, need a mile to creep past a vehicle going even slower, pull out too soon and pull back in far too late. And these people think they can also use a mobile phone at the same time - its no wonder there are so many accidents! Driving is no longer the pleasure that it once was as there are far too many idiots on the road.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Taxi driver in a Toyota Prius on the A414 Nr St Albans today driving at about 40mph, drew alongside, he was counting his takings on his lap, no hands on steering wheel and looking down for 20 seconds or so at a time, unbelievable!.
Incidentally, torrential rain on the M3 beyond Fleet services this afternoon, great start to the holiday.

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you all for your replies etc however, I don't believe any of your stories, just saying like ;)

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
It pervades all of society , I'm at a poolside at the mo and the pool is full of kids and what is the lifeguard doing ? ........... yep , texting ! Amazing !
:pinocchio:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Back in the day I had to speak down an old fashioned telephone handset to someone on the other end of the phone and, at the same time attempt to stop someone who wasn't on the phone from driving away from me at ridiculous speeds.

And, while I was doing this, I was in a car that frankly scared the sh1t out of me at speeds in excess of anything above 40mph ie. Morris Marina or Hillman Avenger.
Welcome to Policing in the 70's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back