Torridge Council (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi went to barnstaple this week could not park any where,height restricts etc. So we went to bideford for the afternoon had lovely time and no problems with parking well done torridge council, regards steve. Ps 50 quid barnstaple did not get

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
You can park in the old cattle market car park now called queen street cark park, behind Royal Mail sorting office. Its in the centre of town with dedicated motorhome slots. Tesco extra also allow parking of motorhomes, I have parked my tag axle in there, it's a 5 minute walk into town & I believe you can park at the train station, normal parking fees apply.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
You can park down by the tennis centre in Barnstaple. As you were in Bideford if you had gone to appledore you can park in the main car park overnight right next to the estuary.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Torridge .If your out for the day on your motorbike/scooter read the signs when parking dont assume its free .we did cost us .just off the quay at Bidiford

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I had no problems last year parking right in the centre . Don't know the names of them offhand though.:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
@stephen harwood
Regardless of the problems you encountered with parking at Barnstable, I reckon it worked to your benefit. I think Bideford has lots more to offer than Barnstable. A lovely town.
Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
angusboy
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi stef my daughter lives near barnstaple, and we had just visited,she said we could park behind leisure centre but full up with funfair junk, so went to bideford had nice afternoon stayed at westacott farm, lovely site then we went to dorset lovely at highlands end, we went to go to lunch in west bay for birthday treat and are dog collapsed so we drove home to vets and had to be put down seriously upset. left hook up cable etc on pitch,just got home from vets and put washing machine on and that wont spin out, not doing very well regards steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back