LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All

We're camped just south of Memphis actually in Mississippi at a lovelly new campsite.

Its just after 8pm and I'm sat outside having a beer when a guy from the campsite office starts visiting all the campers as quick as he can on his golfcart.
He told me the doors on the evacuation building are open so please feel free to use the building and bring any pets if you have them. When I asked him why, he informed me there is a Tornado Warning for our area. 10 minutes later its thundering, lightning and raining like crazy. 5 minutes ago our next door neighbour knocked on our door to tell us to be carefull and they're going to the shelter.
Jans now busy sorting out some clothes, wallets, passports and flight tickets just in case and the storms getting worse. :Eeek::Eeek:

See you Maybe :thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Keep your nut down Rory and stay safe. I hope is passes over quickly.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't be a wuss, mate, get out there and take plenty of pictures for us:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• tornado_pic.jpg
    tornado_pic.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 108
  • lighting-and-tornado.jpg
    lighting-and-tornado.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 110

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Ror,

Get to cover Guys and Lash the RV down.:RollEyes:

Awaiting the Vid with interest so, Jan, get out there and start filming.:Cool:

We were in Busch Gardens and there were tornados dropping all around us.They actually stopped the rides a few times.:Angry::ROFLMAO:That was in the aftermath of a Hurricane.

OK They have them all the time there so I guess they are always ready.:thumb:

All the Best.Stay Safe.

Steve.

Last edited:
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Ror,

Always heed tornado warnings and get to cover promptly. If a campground in tornado country doesn't have a shelter, they'll often have brick or breeze block bathrooms; That would be a good place to take shelter.

If you stay in the coach, you might get an unexpected ride.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Ror,

Come out west and experience earthquake country.

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have Tornados and Typhoons whaling about everyday where i'm working!

Mind you they are better known as the Eurofighter!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:Eeek::Eeek:what can i say not satisfield with rattle snakes, and bears, you ave to have tornado's as well,please avoid the crocodiles!!! you will have to change your name from forest boy to dangermouse:ROFLMAO: seriously hope you are both ok, and that u manage to weather the storms, hope to hear from you soon, meanwhile be careful and stay safe:thumb:
ruth xx

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
We've been wandering around the Sierras fishing for almost 2 weeks, and I haven't paid much attention to TV news. So I didn't see how badly Mississippi was hit. This morning I see other states that were hit really hard by tornados in the last couple of days.

Hopefully, they took refuge in a shelter.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi fellas
He'll be fine he's tough old country boy a true British " redneck" I can hear the dualing banjos now

Seriosly he's no fool and i'm sure he took shelter he wouldnt put Jan in danger
Just wish he'd let us know :Sad:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
From all accounts, there are huge power outages in the area......he'll be back just as soon as he can get power to his lappy :winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
One of Ror's knee trembler's:roflmto:

Wonder if the ground shook for Jan?:Blush:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
I sure hope you folks are right.

Does anyone know for sure they're OK, or you just hoping?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Eagerly awaiting any contact just for reassurance.::bigsmile:

Maybe they didn't have time to take the laptop with them?

It's the last thing you'd think of in that situation.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
I asked our forum members if they knew anything about the storms that hit Mississippi a few days ago, and here's a response I received:

"A tornado struck Newton, MS and injured 60+ people. That is a long way from Memphis, MS, though. Memphis, MS is in the northwest corner near Memphis, TN. Did have numerous severe thunderstorms in the region, though."

This is, I think, good news for Ror.

Last edited by a moderator:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
That sure is Tom,although not for the unfortunate people who sustained injuries and major loss of belongings.:Sad:

There were some reports of tornados dropping earlier in the week, but Ror posted after that.:thumb:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
I've often reflected on my countless business trips to different parts of the world and wondered how I would have fared in the event of a disaster. The tsunami in southeast Asia is one example of a bullet I dodged.

In another example, I recall waking up around 2.00am on the top floor of a high rise hotel in IIRC Hong Kong and hearing a very loud bell ringing. Still dozy but remembering that, unlike the US, this was a fire alarm in the UK, I called the front desk. They said "yes, it's a fire alarm bell, but it's a false alarm". Phew! Back to sleep.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Another of my forum members and his wife are volunteers with the Red Cross. One or both spring into action whenever there's a natural disaster. He responded with this message a short while ago:

"Tarry (his wife) is in Little Rock with the Red Cross and she told me that they had sent some people to Memphis. I will try and find out what if any damage there was in MEM."

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Another of my forum members and his wife are volunteers with the Red Cross. One or both spring into action whenever there's a natural disaster. He responded with this message a short while ago:

"Tarry (his wife) is in Little Rock with the Red Cross and she told me that they had sent some people to Memphis. I will try and find out what if any damage there was in MEM."

hi tom I am sure that when jan & rory see all these msgs they will be touched by all the concern that is being shown for their plight (which we hope they will have surmounted and not been harmed) it is very good of you to make all the enquiries that you are making, but as rory said he loves adventure!!! but maybe this went beyond that, i am sure that the only reason they haven;t been in touch is because of no internet access as they know that we will all be concerned, i think that they have their lap top as i have received pms from them previously
if i hear anything i will post on here:thumb:
ruth
ruth

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Thanks Ruth. I'm sure you're right, and we'll all breath a big sigh of relief when Ror shows up on one or both forums.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back