Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We are hoping to go there during the first couple of weeks in August to meet up with some family members.
Does anyone know of any good stopping places near the town?
Also, what is the situation in Italy as far as wild camping or just overnight parking?
Tia

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
We've been to that area several times in late August / early September...it is very busy in August and starts to gradually quieten down as September progresses.

There are several campsites in Torbole on or near the lake side but they'll be packed in August.

Wild camping / overnight parking is not allowed and in any case there are few if any areas suitable for this...parking areas are at a premium anywhere near the lake.

Sorry to sound negative but if you are determined to go in August I'd try and book something to be sure of getting in.

Reactions: DBK
?

Deleted User
Lol. Quick glance at the post title i thought who is fighting now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We have parked in a motorhome stopover place in nearby Riva del Garda, behind the Police station. It is only a 20 minute walk from Torbole (there is a good level cycle path too). The downside is it is busy in high season, and expensive. As far as I remember the rate was 1 Euro per hour.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back