Torbole Italy?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Scattycat, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

We are hoping to go there during the first couple of weeks in August to meet up with some family members.
    Does anyone know of any good stopping places near the town?
    Also, what is the situation in Italy as far as wild camping or just overnight parking?
    Tia

2. andrewjw

andrewjw Funster

We've been to that area several times in late August / early September...it is very busy in August and starts to gradually quieten down as September progresses.

There are several campsites in Torbole on or near the lake side but they'll be packed in August.

Wild camping / overnight parking is not allowed and in any case there are few if any areas suitable for this...parking areas are at a premium anywhere near the lake.

Sorry to sound negative but if you are determined to go in August I'd try and book something to be sure of getting in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Lol. Quick glance at the post title i thought who is fighting now.

4. SpeedyDux

SpeedyDux Funster

We have parked in a motorhome stopover place in nearby Riva del Garda, behind the Police station. It is only a 20 minute walk from Torbole (there is a good level cycle path too). The downside is it is busy in high season, and expensive. As far as I remember the rate was 1 Euro per hour.

• Like Like x 1