Top gear folks (1 Viewer)

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
Well I don't like Clarkson even when he was a teenager he used to hang around with my brother he was a prat then we used to live in Mexborough near Doncaster
But I do like the other two and especially the hamster.
and should not be taken to serious a bit of a game love haght relationship I think all part of the plan
bill

His mother told a lady I knew very well if he couldn't be God he would be prime minister.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
IMHO Clarkson is one of the most obnoxious, self centred prats on the TV and I would rather watch paint dry than sit in front of the telly when he is on.
This post is just what I was saying the other day when being pulled up over my opinion and being asked to justify it.
It is YOUR opinion and yours alone, you shouldn't have to give reasons for thinking that, well not yet though in a few years you may have to when it becomes EU law. :xrofl:

I must say IMO he is very funny and totally un-pc, scripted to make it funny/more entertaining well that's fine by me too. 99.999% of comedy program's are scripted aren't they?

Carry on Top Gear your great. :xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Would have watched it if the Argentinians had strung clarkeson up......in all seriousness the most objectionable charters on TV. And bbc saying the number plate a coincidence, pure BS

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Well I love it and according to viewing figures around the world so do a huge number of others.
Anything that sticks 2 fingers up to the left wing, nanny state, tree hugging pc brigade gets my vote. :moon2::moon2:
So Long Live Top Gear :xThumb::xThumb:
Forest boy for PM

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
The problem being just one script and they've flogged it to death for years and years and years.

yer but what a script
its kept me entertained for years
all the previous formats were dull
even viki butler henderson had similar
voice inflections learnt off of mr clarkson
only MY opinion of course obviousley
no one else will agree but thats life

dont forget the second part is on @ eight tonight for you to watch or miss
whatever :reel::imoutahere::moon2::lips:

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Some thoughts to ponder.

Angela Rippon was Top Gear’s first presenter.

JC’s mum put him through public school on the proceeds of sales of pirated stuffed Paddington Bears.

He’s the filling in the sandwich of the Chipping Norton gang fitted snugly twixt Rebecca Brookes and David Cameron.

Farage has spent as much courting JC over to UKIP as he has on Labour mp Simon Danczuk.

Clarkson is a little peed off though as Nige is rapidly becoming as, if not more popular among petrol heads as he is.

:xrofl:

Dick

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, on top gear, he may go over the top................BUT look at the viewing figures..........he must be doing something right.

viewing figures have always been good for progs like Coronation Street, Eastenders, Emmerdale, but lets face it... they are CRAP too.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
viewing figures have always been good for progs like Coronation Street, Eastenders, Emmerdale, but lets face it... they are CRAP too.
Mmmm, while I will always respect another persons own opinion I think you will find if you can be bothered to waste some of your very precious time on this spinning rock that TG is sold to hundreds of countries and makes millions of £'s for the BBC and has been seen by billions of peeps.
Crap it may be IYO but very popular to the rest of the world crap :xThumb:

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Would have watched it if the Argentinians had strung clarkeson up......in all seriousness the most objectionable charters on TV. And bbc saying the number plate a coincidence, pure BS
And what if it is,so what,it was not probably ment to offend,not good as the turn of events proved.

I see a Statue/bust of Margeret Thatcher that is to be placed in the Falklands as a mark of Thanks/Respect is being decried by the Argentines.

Time to move on.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It might just be me, but this number plate, that had to be sent over to Argentina in order for the car to be exported there, probably about 6 months in advance was not picked up by the Argentinians as offensive. The cars were sent to Argentina, along with all the filming equipment, which was then inspected by the Argentine officials, and no objection was raised.
On nearly the last day of filming, somebody pointed out that the number plate "H982 FKL" was extremely offensive, and that it had been done deliberately.
Personally, I still don't get it? FKL is not a recognised abbreviation for the Falkland Islands, the war did not happen in 982, and where does the H come into it?

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I think top gear is fantastic. Always have done & always will.
Just watched part 1 of the Patagonia special & loved every second.
The dynamics between the orangutang, hamster & captain slow are spot on!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
It might just be me, but this number plate, that had to be sent over to Argentina in order for the car to be exported there, probably about 6 months in advance was not picked up by the Argentinians as offensive. The cars were sent to Argentina, along with all the filming equipment, which was then inspected by the Argentine officials, and no objection was raised.
On nearly the last day of filming, somebody pointed out that the number plate "H982 FKL" was extremely offensive, and that it had been done deliberately.
Personally, I still don't get it? FKL is not a recognised abbreviation for the Falkland Islands, the war did not happen in 982, and where does the H come into it?

The H could refer to Lt. Colonel 'H' Jones a VC hero of the Falklands campaign.

:cooler:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
And "Rich" I believe he has shares in the production company and since 300/400 million people worldwide view Top Gear he's doing OK, good luck to him. I do agree he's difficul to like.
Clarkson was one of the three shareholders in Bedder 6 - the production company behind Top Gear. And, from where he's made a lot of money. BBC Worldwide, who held 50% of shares, bought Clarkson' 30% shareholding a couple of years ago.
I believe he's now "just" a salaried presenter.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It has been checked out and that reg number is genuine on that car and has always been on it. At the time there were only two 928's for sale and that one fitted the bill. The number has to be thought about quite carefully to make it fit so I think it was unlucky, not so when they painted there cars and truck with gay slogans in the Bible Belt of the US and got in the same amount of trouble. That was just plain stupid.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It has been checked out and that reg number is genuine on that car and has always been on it. At the time there were only two 928's for sale and that one fitted the bill. The number has to be thought about quite carefully to make it fit so I think it was unlucky, not so when they painted there cars and truck with gay slogans in the Bible Belt of the US and got in the same amount of trouble. That was just plain stupid.

do me a favour...what they couldn't afford a 200 quid private plate:whistle:

diplomacy a rank outsider when it comes to bbc profits!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Time to put that drink down:xeek:

Oy taff I know you're a closet Top Gear fan no point denying it :xwink: and why you trying to butter up the the pc brigade?
Come the revolution they'll suss you out mate and you'll be up against the wall with the rest of us. :xdoh:

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Mmmm, while I will always respect another persons own opinion I think you will find if you can be bothered to waste some of your very precious time on this spinning rock that TG is sold to hundreds of countries and makes millions of £'s for the BBC and has been seen by billions of peeps.
Crap it may be IYO but very popular to the rest of the world crap :xThumb:

Just confirms my belief, billions of peeps will watch CRAP.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
something anyone who chucks spanners around regularly will know is impossible to remove completely no matter HOW much you clean, scrape and scrub ! )
Simples when I have been machining or doing something with gunge I wash my hands with a good handcleaner then when they are reasonable mix a bit of bleach in water and scrub with a fine nailbrush. You could shake hands with the Queen after. Just do not make it too strong and it does have a slight smell but they are clean.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
OMG. did you see those stars.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
do me a favour...what they couldn't afford a 200 quid private plate:whistle:

diplomacy a rank outsider when it comes to bbc profits!
Tell me why they would even think to buy another number plate if the original one didn't mean anything?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back