Top 10 must do or see in France (1 Viewer)

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
Loire Valley top to bottom or bottom to top

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Thanks for the replies so far ,the wife and I are taking a month off this summer and taking the kids on a longer holiday while they are still young and want to come with us.
I'm looking at all the suggestions and going to plan a route around the ones we like .

Vlad

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks for the replies so far ,the wife and I are taking a month off this summer and taking the kids on a longer holiday while they are still young and want to come with us.
I'm looking at all the suggestions and going to plan a route around the ones we like .

Vlad
What kind of things do you like doing?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We visit France most years and I tend to have a theme for some parts of each trip. We've been to WW1 and WW2 sites, followed castle routes down the Loire and into the Dordogne, toured vineyards around Bordeaux and eaten fantastic food. There is loads to do and see but if I were going for a month, I'd go to Paris for a couple of days, possibly EuroDisney if that is your kind of thing, head down to the SW, Pyrenees and up to Bordeaux, Carcassone, the Dordogne and time permitting, the Loire, Brittany or Normandy. Alternatively, Flanders, Paris, the Alps, Orange to view the Roman ruins and then into Provance. I would avoid visiting the East and West of France on the same trip. We tried once over 23 days and did far more driving than I wanted and felt that we were rushing too much. Campsites in the SE were full when we visited one summer. We haven't had problems finding spaces elsewhere. Municipal aires are generally really relaxing and encourage people to stay in places that they would normally drive through. We enjoy the pace of life that they tend to encourage, especially in less touristy areas.

Bonne voyage.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Edit: My wife just said they might like Nantes (Jules Verne inspired mechanical museum) and La Rochelle (best sea aquarium in Europe) :D

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
There is a Haribo "museum" between Troyes and Orange in the East. The admission price includes a few small packets of sweets which was the highlight of our sprogs' holiday.

The WW1 museum in Albert was good for older kids but a bit loud and scary for toddlers.

Bodyboarding off the West coast is fun but some sites are much safe than others (Isle de l'Orient (sp?) has wide shallow beaches).

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hmm........ you might want to revise the list based on the suggestions given ............. most stuff on here is liked by 'older adults' (me included :() and might not hold enough interest for kids.

@magicsurfbus might have a few more suitable ideas?

:)

I'm using google to look at the places mentioned to get a rough idea of what they offer,thankfully my kids appreciate good scenery and like medieval towns.
Your right about mr Surfbus he recommended Point de la torche last year and we liked it that much one day turned into 4

Vlad

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Our kids loved the south coast of Brittany castles beaches etc but I would steer clear of the war memorial stuff unless they are doing it at school and want to go themselves what are their ages?

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What kind of things do you like doing?
A bit of everything really,castles,medevial towns ,beaches,lakes-rivers a good variety really ,thanks for your and others input so far.
We've done Disneyland ,mt San Michael ,all singing and dancing campsites on the med,the Normandy beaches thus far.Normally all squeezed into a fortnight this time we fancy slowing it down a bit and having a couple of nights here and there aires ,municipals whatever.
Hilldwellers recommendation of port Grimaud looks spot on and the wife and kids want to book a site .

Vlad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back