Toothbrush Charging - will it survive? (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You may be right. I was under the impression that the speed of the polarisation was the critical issue to stabilise the correct inductive voltage. It may be that all of the issues are factor?
From what I remember of dismantling my last dead one (not killed by any sort of inverter) is that the base is a winding over a laminated core connected directly to the incoming mains cord. The core sticks up so that it couples magnetically with the winding inside the toothbrush thus forming a (rather inefficient) transformer. Transformer-type PSUs don't like harmonics because the higher frequencies over-heat the laminations. The effect will be exacerbated by the rather (necessary) inefficient coupling of primary and secondary windings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
From what I remember of dismantling my last dead one (not killed by any sort of inverter) is that the base is a winding over a laminated core connected directly to the incoming mains cord. The core sticks up so that it couples magnetically with the winding inside the toothbrush thus forming a (rather inefficient) transformer. Transformer-type PSUs don't like harmonics because the higher frequencies over-heat the laminations. The effect will be exacerbated by the rather (necessary) inefficient coupling of primary and secondary windings.

So in a Nutshell then it'll be F**ked :doh:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
had the same problem myself so now only use the psw inverter for that.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
If your chargers fail again Domestos will do the trick:LOL:

image.jpg

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Could it be that Sandra is brushing up and down in a square wave pattern that's what's causing the problem?:doh: Ok, before anyone tells me .......:getmecoat:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Could it be that Sandra is brushing up and down in a square wave pattern that's what's causing the problem?:doh: Ok, before anyone tells me .......:getmecoat:
Back in your box Phil, I never brush up and down! I am a Dyson girl, no loss of........ Something or other?

Oh hold on, you are talking about brushing teeth???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back