Tools/ etc

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Gordy, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Gordy

Gordy Read Only Funster

Hi All

Not sure if this has be covered before. Will pick up van end of year so i just thought I sort out some bits to put on board Wife is getting things for kitchen area So i was just wondering what do you Funster pack in the way of tools for your vans things that you could not do without. cheers I know about the corksrew ha!

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Dont forget this.. :BigGrin:

[​IMG]

3. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Terminal screwdriver with neon , Voltstick ,Screwdriver with changable tips ,pliers , adjustable spanner , insulation tape ,terminal blocks ,selection of screws,spare lamps for habitation and cab,hose connectors ,nylon ties ,and the list goes on:thumb:

4. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Again Gordy

In your case first thing is golf clubs :Rofl1:

I carry a small socket set a small and large shifter a few screwdrivers, some elec tape and a mixture of cable ties some fuses and bulbs some jubilee clips and thats about it as we have breakdown cover these are only for emergency or small jobs inside the motorhome.

Also carry a couple of wind up torches good for emergencies at night or for returning to motorhome from pub :Rofl1:.

Hope this helps.
    Gerry

5. Gordy

Gordy Read Only Funster

Hi Stagman

Thanks for reply,but being new to motorhome I was abit concered about the weight what with everythink else that is loaded on

6. Gordy

Gordy Read Only Funster

Gerry

Golf Clubs already accounted for

7. 54mud

54mud

HAMMER:thumb:

8. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Yes I know weight can be a problem I have given up the beer and now just have the occassional glass of wine . Over the last couple of years I have been taking kit off the van that I haven't used .On our last journey to France I had 3 sets of windbreakers never used them, they are now off.:thumb:

9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Multimeter, gas detector, damp meter. polarity tester, Screwdrivers, pliers, cable crimpers, cable, terminals, hose rings, bulbs, screws. Hammer, socket set, adjustable spanner x 2 sizes, open ended/ring spanners. Easy bleeding kit, oil, brake fluid, wd40, fan belt, oil and fuel filters. cable ties, electric tape, duck tape, scotchlocks and terminal blocks, tenon saw, drill, pop rivet gun and rivets, sheet metal cutters. Gas powered soldering iron. hacksaw. Tyre inflater, jack, axle stand.
    Just a basic toolkit really.
    :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

10. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Gas bottle spanner....sat nav......gafffa tape.......

Mel

11. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

I normally take a small basic tool kit. If you belong to a recovery service why take more.
    You can always find somewhere to buy a cheap tool to get you by, for some little job while on the move.
    Otherwise make do till you get home, who wants to work while away.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

12. vwalan

vwalan Funster

try and carry full workshop facilitys at all time .lathes etc not included. if we cant fix it someone else possibly cant either. its not what you take its what you leave behind thats the problem.

13. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Gaffa/duct tape.

all you need.....if its fallen off, tape it on....if its broken, tape it up....if it aint broken, tape it up incase it does. :Rofl1:

14. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, I must confess :Wink: I have a few Spanners, Screw Drivers, Jubilee Clips and Cable Ties in the van. :Laughing: And never carry any tools in the cars, 24 years ago when we started the family, Jane BANNED the tool box, and having estate car's I never had anywhere to hide thing's Bob.:BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:Bob.

15. GregM

GregM Read Only Funster

When we got our 'van U just picked up a small 'toolkit' from Screwfix here although it was on offer at the time as I paid half of current price. I then added other bits such as tape, cable ties and terminal blox.

I found out at 10pm on Saturday before last that I did not have a suitable spanner for the gas bottles so thats a must get.