too swivel or not too swivel!! (1 Viewer)

Julian and Alf

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
rochdale
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630L
Exp
nearly 1
having owned our swift suntour for 3 weeks now and lost our motorhome virginity at the Northern show we obviously became too overconfident :thumb: Yes! on saturday we swivelled the passenger seat to face into the van and now the bloomin thing will not go back :Doh: Has this happened to anyone else???? I am now driving around with my hubby in the back with the boy until we can get it back to Glossop for them to sort it. Hope I'm not going to end up looking even more simple than normal :Blush: ALF.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check the lever hasn't come loose - we had this just over a week ago on our Chausson's swivel seat - I think the dog bed had got caught in the mechanism at some point and forced it out of alignment !:Doh:

Upvote 0

loneranger

Free Member
Apr 14, 2010
Funster No
Usually the seat belt stuck in it when it happens to me.
:Doh:

Or the lever caught up in the rubber casing.
:Sad:

Ann

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
slide the seat forward a little and wind the back upright, it will then turn, goodluck. You should have said something when you came into chat.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
slide the seat forward a little and wind the back upright, it will then turn, goodluck. You should have said something when you came into chat.

I know I shouldn't laugh but the image of you driving with your husband sat next to you facing the back of the van is such a funny image... you made me laugh.:ROFLMAO:

I think Wildman has hit the nail on the head. That;s what I have to keep doing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Julian and Alf

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
rochdale
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630L
Exp
nearly 1
thanks

will try all suggestions tomorrow. well hubby will as it's his seat!!! :ROFLMAO:
hope this is the way to thank people otherwise let me know!! ALF

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry but my sence of humour must be like Joys :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: had tears running down my face, just see you sitting astride your seat like horse rideing so you and hubby can talk as you are going along. In all seriousnes hope its sorted soon. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
How do you see in the mirror with the seat facing the wrong way...isnt the back of the seat blocking your view???

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
mine do not swivel

having owned our swift suntour for 3 weeks now and lost our motorhome virginity at the Northern show we obviously became too overconfident :thumb: Yes! on saturday we swivelled the passenger seat to face into the van and now the bloomin thing will not go back :Doh: Has this happened to anyone else???? I am now driving around with my hubby in the back with the boy until we can get it back to Glossop for them to sort it. Hope I'm not going to end up looking even more simple than normal :Blush: ALF.

Now if I had known I could have the wife in the back I would have got swivel seats fitted to my RV B class.... had them raised, but no swivels.. you make a valid case it seems to me if the back seat driver can be put in the back!

Bob:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Sounds realy daft, but have you tried turning the seat the other way?
When we first got ours , we arrived at the site , we grinned at each other , and swivelled the seats round into the hab area. ( first time was a giggle, yay we've got a MH::bigsmile:)

When we decided to move on , i couldnt get mine to go round , i was turning it the wrong way:Blush::Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back