Free Member
Apr 20, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since March 2012
We have a Hobby Toskana Exclusive which is 8 metres in length. When we tow our Piaggio MP3 trike we are getting close to 12 metres which is a nono for many campsites.
I might think we are unique but seeing the number of people towing cars know this is not the case.
So please - how do you easily find out campsites which can accommodate us. Some sites are 9m for the outfit, some 10m etc. etc.

Can anybody help us please?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
There are plenty of RV friendly sites you can find around - have a look at the sister RV site and also big pitch guide which is useful as it gives access notes leading up to the site.

Also, check licence/dvla as IIRC, if you have grandfather rights you are restricted to 8.25t and 36 feet length - at 12m you are about 39.2ish. Just check to be on the safe side! If you have a C1 you should be fine.

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hi,the trailer does not come into it,it is only the motorhomes length that counts because you take the trailer off.caravaners dont add the car to there dimentions.hope this helps.muz:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

trakweb

Free Member
Apr 20, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since March 2012
Thanks for reply. Affirmative to grandfather rights but only 62 years, pushing 63 and have C1 on licence until 2020. Should be ok?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Don't worry, we will be 18m this year when we leave for the South of France

At least with a toad you can remove it prior to pulling onto your pitch

Most decent sites have some if not all in the region of 10m x 10m

Towing makes it more exciting anyway

Eddie

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Nothing to worry about. I towed this rig all over Europe with no problems.

Attachments

• S6000234.jpg
    S6000234.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 100

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Did you launch that off the motorhome Snowbird?

It looks a bit heavy to launch by hand.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
This was the last time we towed a RIB This year the motorhome is a bit bigger and the trailer is a bit longer:roflmto:

There will be two of us travelling in convoy :roflmto:

Eddie

Attachments

• winnie and rib.jpg
    winnie and rib.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 51

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
One thing, FLOODS will never be a problem with that rig. BUSBY.

Its not just floods. Its a case of combining all interests into one. Sometimes I tow my boat when fishing and sometimes my sandrail when I feel a need for excitement and real fun. Have also towed hotrods in the past for adrenalin rushes and Solex mopeds just for the hell of it. If I was a bit fitter I would love to ski but alas age has caught up with me on that one. Maybe a snowmobile though :Smile:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Can't answer for other sites (as advised, the Big Pitch Guide can help there) but if you are in France we have no problems in accepting visitors with any size outfit. Probably the biggest we have seen was a 40' RV with a 15' trailer with a Volvo estate car on it.::bigsmile:

Plenty of manoevring room and a couple of drive through pitches for one-nighters so they do not have to unhitch.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have a Hobby Toskana Exclusive which is 8 metres in length. When we tow our Piaggio MP3 trike we are getting close to 12 metres which is a nono for many campsites.
I might think we are unique but seeing the number of people towing cars know this is not the case.
So please - how do you easily find out campsites which can accommodate us. Some sites are 9m for the outfit, some 10m etc. etc.

Can anybody help us please?

Generally CC&C CS sites are the best, especially the cheaper ones. Expensive proper sites tend to have laid out pitches which are aimed at small caravans and euroboxes.

If you look through the guide/app/website looking for a CS which claims 1.5 acres or more and costs less than a tenner, it is usually just a big empty field and you could be 25m long for all they care. The 0.5 acre ones (the minimum allowed) are usually a bigger problem, at those can be pretty tight for space. CC&C sites are best as they welcome tents, so often have larger fields.

The empty field setup is also better for services, as you often get a tap and waste disposal at the edge of the field, which is more convenient than being tucked away in a shower and laundry block 30m from the nearest parking.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
This was the last time we towed a RIB This year the motorhome is a bit bigger and the trailer is a bit longer:roflmto:

There will be two of us travelling in convoy :roflmto:

Eddie

i see your able to park between the parking bay lines then:Doh::ROFLMAO: need a sympathetic carpark attendant

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back