Tony (1 Viewer)

cyberslayer

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,
recently retired and bought Hymer Jet as first foray into motorhome world. Keen angler so any tips about angling sites appreciated. Must say came as a shock the high parking prices that sites charge! visited four Lincolnshire sites. Average nightly cost £18.00. When I die intend to return as site owner. Always fancied being a legal gangster! Will somebody please do something about the weather! Tony.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Hi Tony and welcome to the madhouse.

I dont have a MH yet but have to say I dont see the point in buying a self contained vehicle and then paying to park it on a campsite.

i know most people do though :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Tony

Welcome to MH Fun flyingwelcome

Glad you are enjoying your new van.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Welcome to the madhouse, Tony.

Did you know that St Anthony - no, not the blessed St Tone of Bliar, the original - was
afflicted with with boredom, laziness, and phantom women? Nor did I, till I looked him up on seeing your moniker. Not a lot of people know that, but they do now, so Blessings upon you, my son, and join me in enjoying the pleasures of boredom, laziness and sweet dreams...

Cheers

Tony

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Tony and welcome to the asylum....

have you considered joining the caravan club (CC) or camping and caravaning club. (C&CC)
they have a wide selection of CL/CS sites....max 5 vans at a time and around £5 to £8 per night.
some have electric, most dont, but all will have a tap and possibly somewhere to dump your black/grey waste.

mostly rural so a good chance of being somewhere near a river or lake for a bit of fishing.

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi all,
recently retired and bought Hymer Jet as first foray into motorhome world. Keen angler so any tips about angling sites appreciated. Must say came as a shock the high parking prices that sites charge! visited four Lincolnshire sites. Average nightly cost £18.00. When I die intend to return as site owner. Always fancied being a legal gangster! Will somebody please do something about the weather! Tony.

Hi Tony welcome to the forum/madhouse...i to am a keen angler and have found some very good sites on here>>>http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/<<< just click on sites with fishing...found one on the east coast last week...stayed 2 nights and caught 5 carp..best one was 33lb...Dave

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello and welcome.... hope you throw em back....:Smile: Look forward to meeting you some day.

Veggie Movan

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Tony, well you will stay on sites, hee hee CL (5 van sites) run from a fiver, but why not wild camp and save your dosh for fishing licences, ha ha.
welcome to the fun.:thumb:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
hello and welcome....... try "fishing with camping" rather than "campsites with fishing" if searching on the web. I find many fishing lakes will let you park up very cheaply. In Lincolnshire try Bain fisheries tatershall thorpe around £6.00 a night if you pay to fish or Cobbleacre nr.Hevingham in norfolk £8,00 or £12.50 a night with ehu just to name a couple see you on the lakeside sometime:thumb::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back