Tomtom warning - NO GPS Signal (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Warning if you are buying a Satnav

On the 31st March 2012 my new tomtom 1005 stopped working. I was then informed by Tomtom that they had a Leap Year Bug? They finally replaced the tomtom only for me to discover the same problem with the new unit. It has been 2 weeks now and apart from tomtom support emails telling me to reset the unit, which I have now done twenty times - it still does not work. They also supplied an up-date via their website which made no difference.

I have since discovered this is an international problem and 70% of new tomtoms do not work. You can forget speaking to tomtom Support, they never answer or leave you on hold. Their Forum has over two thousand complaints so they closed it and have open a new 'fresh' forum. :ROFLMAO:

Older or some new models still work including iphone tomtoms. I want my money back :shout::cry:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
The fix has been on their website a while now. :thumb:

Download and install then reset your unit and all is well.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
My Tom Tom 700 go wind up model with paper print out still works but only when it`s plugged in cos the battery is nacked:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Believe me I have tried all the fixes, updates, resets, hard reset, factory resets....

Thanks though.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Believe me I have tried all the fixes, updates, resets, hard reset, factory resets....

Thanks though.

It took me 2 evenings to get mine sorted and I'm usually ok with this sort of thing. Key points are,

Do the process at least 3 times, empty the cache and make sure that you have version 11.something on your machine, if it's 10.something then the patch hasn't worked, then finally it needs to resync with some of those big things in the sky, takes 5mins plus.

Glyn and Debbie

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
I am still using my tomtom go which I purchased in 2004 when they first came out, never had a problem it is still better than all the new ones.:thumb:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
That settles the Garmin v TomTom debate I think

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Both are really struggling with rapidly reducing hardware sales due to GPS becoming an App for smartphones, expect to see a change in the market within the next 18 months.

The Tomtom errors could easily happen to garmin, Mio or Magelan tomorrow

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Tomtom errors could easily happen to garmin, Mio or Magelan tomorrow
They could but there is absolutely no excuse if they do.

This type of problem in date calculation has been well known for well over 30 years, even though it only came to the attention of the general public as the "millennium bug". Responsible hardware & software developers have been making sure that their products don't suffer from this form of fault for over 20 years.

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
gps

mornin all,my TomTom XL,will not work in my Kontiki because of the over hang on the cab over the front wind screen,but my Garmin Zumo 660 works a treat.I think its down to saterlite positions.all the best everybody,av a good weekend,:thumb::Cool:the sun is shinin,so out to play we go.:Smile::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back