LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
OI!! You two. You know you shouldn't drink and drive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There is some very knowledgeable people in pubs Graham. Not only that, some sell very thirst quenching liquids :Smile:. I learned far more in pubs than I ever learned at school :Cool:.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is some very knowledgeable people in pubs Graham. Not only that, some sell very thirst quenching liquids :Smile:. I learned far more in pubs than I ever learned at school :Cool:.

So did I Dave - I learned to like the thirst quenching liquids :roflmto: With malt and hops included each pint must be two of your five a day mustn't they? :roflmto:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So did I Dave - I learned to like the thirst quenching liquids :roflmto: With malt and hops included each pint must be two of your five a day mustn't they? :roflmto:
So I keep trying to tell Rita, but she's not having any of it Graham. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
My tomtom 900 has died. Switched it on today and it just sticks on the black screen with the tomtom logo. I have tried a hard start, but no joy. Any ideas before I try and get another off the bay.

Dave ...press your ON button and hold it down for about 25 secs or untill it starts....if it does not come on after about a minute let go of the on button

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave ...press your ON button and hold it down for about 25 secs or untill it starts....if it does not come on after about a minute let go of the on button

Wahay, I tried that and nearly dropped the damn thing. A drum roll started and frightened the life out of me. It then started up and a load of writing came on a black screen, but it did not go any further. I then switched it off again. Do you know hat happens after the writing, if anything ?.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Yep it comes on, mine did that but it`s alright now:Smile::Smile::Smile: it goes back to reset stage ,or at least that`s what mine did

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Wahay, I tried that and nearly dropped the damn thing. A drum roll started and frightened the life out of me. It then started up and a load of writing came on a black screen, but it did not go any further. I then switched it off again. Do you know hat happens after the writing, if anything ?.

All this happened on my early one when It decided not work...as we say up in ..nowt..it would not work... kaput....I had read to hold the start button down for a long time .. off a tomtom forum....then mine did a drum roll...then the screen went all green ...then the screen went all black...so I just let it carry on ....and hey presto my tom tom came back to life ...BUT it was different model to yours..:Eeek:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
All this happened on my early one when It decided not work...as we say up in ..nowt..it would not work... kaput....I had read to hold the start button down for a long time .. off a tomtom forum....then mine did a drum roll...then the screen went all green ...then the screen went all black...so I just let it carry on ....and hey presto my tom tom came back to life ...BUT it was different model to yours..:Eeek:

I don't remember any writing ...although there may have been as it was 2 + years ago

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
my 1988 AA road map has never failed to start yet
although the pages for London are stuck shut and will not open
should I do a hard reset or soft reset ?
or not bother going to London

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
my 1988 AA road map has never failed to start yet
although the pages for London are stuck shut and will not open
should I do a hard reset or soft reset ?
or not bother going to London

Thar nar needs to bother going sarth to that god forsaken place sithie... there is nowt thar wants...tear them pages out .....Peter use them pages as kindling :RollEyes: :winky::winky:...that AA book just needs a Narthen update

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well after 5 minutes the thing was resurrected from the dead. Am so lucky to have my own personal professor on tap :thumb:. Have now got 2 Tomtom 700s.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
How did your lad resurrect your TT700 Dave?

Cheers,

Jock.

Will try and get him to post the details. Am sorry but it all goes straight over my head Jock :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back