TomTom 'Lady' with 'attitude'!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We were giggling away yesterday due to what our Tom Tom sat nav was 'saying' to us! ::bigsmile:

We've got the new mapping with voice command ability so hubby was trying it out. He'd downloaded the new mapping the night before so whilst we were having our morning cuppa he decided to have a play (with the sat nav silly! :Blush: ). He turned on the 'verbal' command function and said "navigation to X" which was worked fine, then he asked for it to "calculate alternative route" and this is when the fun started! As it couldn't understand exactly what he'd said it tried to spell it out "c .... a .... l .... c ...." okay so far ... but then it got to 'u' .... now, I know these voices are not the same as someone talking to you but the sat nav said "u" with such an over the top 'surprised tone' it was as if the 'lady' saying it was Hyacinth Bucket speaking to one of her minions .... I nearly threw my cuppa over the bed when I heard it! Just to see if it was a one-off thing, we tried it again, and it was EXACTLY the same ... absolutely hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

We haven't laughed so much at the sat nav since we were on our way to Grandcamp Maisy in France (with the previous mapping software) ... we had the voice set to a male one that time and 'he' just about sang it ... several times in fact every time we had to take a turning in that direction ... who says that inanimate objects don't have a 'sense of humour'!!!! :thumb:

So, if you have the new mapping on your Tom Tom try the voice commands and see if your unit is the same. :roflmto:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Update ... it gets dafter! ::bigsmile:

My mum was here today so we demonstrated the new TomTom's 'attitude' to her but as it was spelling out one of the words it also 'said' "y" in a funny way too ... the 'lady's' voice was raised as if ASKING a question .... ie "why?".

The software we're running the latest Navcore 9.53 software with the new maps and apparently it is the software that has the 'funny' alphabet voice. Goodness only knows how it'll will pronounce Q, X and Z!!!! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When my daughter's satnav gets lost it says "find your way to the nearest road".... makes me giggle everytime.

Mine tries to correct and redirect three times and then shuts up - assuming (I suppose) that as long as you are generally going in the correct direction you know best.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have fun arguing with Sirri on my Ipad who is a robotic voice who talks to you and answers questions.

You can heap abuse on him but he does remain polite.

My daughter has started it now too.

My wife thinks its a bit odd::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
[HI]voice turned off on mine.....none of 'em speak Yarshur
[/HI]

That's it's redeeming quality then:ROFLMAO:

When my daughter's satnav gets lost it says "find your way to the nearest road".... makes me giggle everytime.

(Mine gets lost everytime near Rugeley but it's not the most inspiring place
looks like Amazon have Kidnapped it
:cry:)

Mine tries to correct and redirect three times and then shuts up - assuming (I suppose) that as long as you are generally going in the correct direction you know best.

You can switch mine off but it generally knows everywhere but the new bypasses:cry::whatthe::whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back