tomtom go 400

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bullrush, Jul 23, 2013.

1. bullrush

bullrush Read Only Funster

Is it possible to download french aires on a tomtom go 400 and can it receive speed camera warnings without using a mobile phone to connect

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

yes and yes, but dont have speed camera warnings enabled in France its illegal and you will get fined

3. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

but you can have safety warnings which are legal so im told funnily enough they seem to correspond with speed cameras

4. Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie Read Only Funster

5. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Go 400

Contrary to earlier advice,. If this is the new Go 400 it is NOT possible to add you own POI data. However, you can save an address in "My Places"and navigate to it when you wish.

Anyone thinking of the new 400.500.600 would be well advised to visit the apple forum and think seriously about these devices. For example you cannot input GPS locations to navigate to, you cannot change map colours, you cannot input your own POI and the list of cannot's goes on. Don't get me wrong I am a Tomtom fan and I love my 1005 but I think the nw units with less functionality are a backward step. Even dedicated users on the Tomtom user forum slate them and there are many who are returning the divices to stick with their old ones.

No doubt Tomtom will sort this out as some point, but for the moment..................

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  6. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Tom tom

Just something I forgot. Again, contrary to earlier advice, Tomtom satnavs with speed camera warnings ( any model) do NOT give camera warnings in France because it's against the French law. Tom tom have changed their software to give you a "danger zone" warning which is legal. You would notice the change from camera to danger zone warnings as you drive into and out of `france. There is no need to turn off and warnings on the device.