TomTom Camper and Caravan software

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by johnandi, May 29, 2012.

1. johnandi

johnandi Funster

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

We are looking over the next few days to purchase a sat nav, thanks for the post at least now we can look at the tom tom, we had ruled them out because they didn.t have that facility.

Kate.

3. dawny

dawny Read Only Funster

I saw that and thought it was great! I have a tom tom for the motorhome and I thought it was a bit steep to buy another so I am delighted that the softwear will be available for my old one! thank you!:thumb:

4. dawny

dawny Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnandi

johnandi Funster

WE're on our second TomTom, I do a lot of driving in Europe on business and found Tomtom really good. Interestingly, when the first one packed up the Tomtom team asked how long iI'd had it, when I told them 6/7 years they said I'd probably done well! They were very helpful though and offered a 20% discount off a new model (Go LIVE 825) in Nov 2011.
    It's been fine until recently when it couldn't find any a GPS signal but a software fix yesterday via the internet has hopefully solved that (not used it since).
    Hope this helps.:thumb:

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

95% of motorhomers can use regular tomtom mapping throughout Europe and don't require a "special Edition" Most of the loaded motorhome related waypoints are probably available free (to subscribers) in our download section.

IMO A total waste of money.

7. WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan Funster

More important than whether it's a "Special Edition" or not, is whether it will do what you require. My Garmin NuLink 1695 has developed a personality disorder and a fetish for back roads of dubious width :Eeek:
    I've always been pleased with my TomToms until my Go Live 125 crashed catastrophically doing a map update. Its replacement did the same and we are now in protracted discussions with TomTom.
    In my case (is it only me:Blush:) our Broadband connection struggles to achieve 1.95mbs speed and TomTom's software doesn't seem to be capable of handling this. Is that my fault or TomTom's?
    Coming back to 'whether it will do what you require', I will only now buy a satnav that can be updated by buying SD Card maps despite the higher cost.......and it just so happens that the Camper and Caravan one will :Wink: