tom

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ramsthom, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ramsthom

ramsthom Funster

I have recently bought 2011 Autocruise Starfire. I have a querie about the radio/cd unit. The Swift brochure llists the unit as a radio/cd/mp3 but unable to play any mp3 discs on it i found from a Peugeot dealer that is not a mp3 unit and say it is Swifts responsibily to have specified a mp3 unit when the peugeot base unit was supplied to them. Swift say its Peugeots responsibility that it should have been fitted. Has anyone got a similar moterhome or any ideas of how to resolve the problem. :Smile:

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Save yourself the headache and buy a new unit or accept that it does not play mp3
    terry
    BTW WELCOME :thumb:

3. DBSilverfox

DBSilverfox Read Only Funster

Surely if you bought it with a specification then the dealer should provide that specification. Dealer should sort it out, and it is up to them to fight who is ultimately responsible.

Or is that too simple?

David

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

If it is "only" in the Swift brochure rather than details provided by the dealer for the specific vehicle then I think Terry is probably right.

5. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

is it worth all the hassle for an in car player? just fit a new one you can give your old one to me i dont use mp3 :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. Binky

Binky Funster

Same with our Startrail. I can't get MP3 to play on the unit. Mind you, the whole Radio is pretty useless anyway and we are looking to change it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I think we must have an after market radio/cd addition to our Starspirit as none of the steering wheel controls activate anything on the unit. But, mine has an earphone socket on the fascia and I can play my MP3 through there via a 3.5mm jack using the auxilliary function on the radio. Only thing is I can't power the MP3 at the same time as I'm using the socket, so the batteries don't last long. :Sad:

8. ramsthom

ramsthom Funster

:Smile:

Thanks for the reply. The unit will have MP3 decal near the cd slot if its a suitable for MP3 discs. As you say its a low quality unit anyway.

• Like Like x 1