Tom tom

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by ROB1CHELSEA1, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Driving on the motorway I decided to ring TOM TOM about how I was having trouble downloading the Live services even though they took my payment, I get through straight away and the guy says I will have to pull over and go through a 1 minute process and all will be fine:thumb: NOT:Sad: I couldn't find anywhere to pull over for 25 minutes, still chatting away to this guy:Doh: finally find a service station and the Live services were set up, asked where he was based and he replied TOM TOM are based in Amsterdam:Doh: company phone bill may be a little higher this month:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  2. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

Talking about Tom Tom I bought the Go Live Camper & Caravan model a couple of days ago but had to send straight back, they fail to mention that when setting weight limits for your camper that the upper limit is 5 ton nowhere on the box or any retailer spec list does it mention this. Not much good to me with a 7.5 tonner.

3. theberties

theberties Read Only Funster

Tomtom is based in Amsterdam but uses an 0845 No but there is a uk No 020 7387 5444, i have not used this No but got it from gps forum

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

as above.....

if you dialled 0845 161 0009 you could have spoken to a UK or Dutch centre....probably UK centre as you rang from the UK, but the same number is used for both.

UK Geographical number is 020 7387 5444 then Select Option 1 from the 1st menu and press 0 (zero) at the next menu when you are given options to log an issue with TomTom. You are now put through to the same menu that the 0845 number reaches.

Netherlands - English speaking. This number is answered with the same menu as the 0845 number.

(source: saynoto0870)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

When I spoke to them on the number a couple of weeks ago the message said calls were charged at your local rate so you could be all right.

• Like Like x 1