Tom Tom XXL (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Our Tom Tom Go has died, so we look at the current offerings on their Web site, and think Tom Tom XXL will suit our needs. It's without a lot of the bits we don't need, mp3, HD, blue tooth, etc., and at £199.99 comes complete with mapping for 42 European countries, a 5 inch screen, and the normal tools for use.

According to the WS, it is available from Curry's, Halfords, PC World, and others, so yesterday, we called into the Halford's branch at Telford.

Yes, they have it on display......at £269.99!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Any way we give it a go, and like it, but not the price.....when a member of staff walks by saying "all right there?" I ask him to confirm the price?

"Yes, its the correct price, that particular model is EXCLUSIVE to Halfords" is the reply!

"Is it" says I, "its on TT Web site, at a retail price of £199.99, that's why I ask, and it appears to be available from your competitors as well.

He then says he will check it out, and we all go over to a PC, he spends a few minutes paging around, says we are right, and immediately offers us the XXL at £199.99. :RollEyes:

So, if any funster is looking for a basic sat. nav. take a close look at the Tom Tom XXL (not to be confused with the Tom Tom XL) and follow our lead....according to Halfords we saved £70.00 on the deal!!:Eeek:

Nomadic

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
TomTom dead if you dont mind me asking whats it not doing is it a software problem (not responding to touch screen or freezing) If its software it can be sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
It's very similar spec to the Garmin Nuvi 1490T which can be purchased for around £170 unless you go to Halfords who will charge you £200 for the same unit.

I chose the Garmin after the bloke in Halfords stated "we get loads of faulty returns on the Tom Tom"

Good luck ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
nomadic
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Chatter

Well, the battery no longer holds its charge, the screen switches of, and has to be reset to restart it. The charger cables are also wearing close to the plugs, so its now a gonner.

Hi tucker j....they said the same about Garmin at Telford, sales hype!!

Hi custom_ride.....thats a better offer, I've saved the site in favourates for future use, thanks.

Nomadic

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Sales Hype! Said the man with aTom Tom that "the battery no longer holds its charge, the screen switches of, and has to be reset to restart it. The charger cables are also wearing close to the plugs,"

I certainly admire your optimism :Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
It sounds as if it has given you long and good service then.

If it had just been a software problem i could of given you some pointers in what to do to rectify it, but batteries and leads as well it has worked hard

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I was in Halfords today and they are now available at £179.99Link Removed.

Has it just been updated?

Does anyone mount it via the sticky pad supplied on their Fiat Ducato document holder?

Steve

Last edited:

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
Check the Halfords offers as you can get half price sat nav goodies if you buy at the same time, (Mounts, spare charger etc) I made a mount that I use the notice clip on the Fiat dashboard to hold the TT.

Remember to claim your 12 months LIVE services. ( Vey good I have found)

If you order on the web and collect from the shop, you can get extra discount.

There us a £10 freebie cashback, but it does not buy you much, It cost me about £7 for a TT usb/12v charger.

The ONLY thing I am anxious about is the memory size (2 gig) Mine is nearly full now I have added a lot of POIs and speed cams.

Take a look at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com a great little site with loadsa knowledge. THE SPEED CAMERA Dbase.

TT service desk is OK, depends on the problem.

Rgds

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back