Tom Tom upgrade (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello all, I have a Tom Tom which we quite like, it is a Live 1005, bought JUST before the Motorhome option came along :Doh:

So I have been in touch with Tom Tom who said I could upgrade and gave me a link, but link did not work

So I emailed India again, to be told my model can't be upgraded as it does not support he necessary memory card :Doh:

So, do I spend over £300 on a MH friendly new model, or upgrade my maps and stay in car mode with driver intuition?? £70 for upgrade

I have seen comments where the truck version takes long detours that maybe are not needed

My instinct says upgrade maps and refer to SWMBO with map, plus some nouse??

What say you?

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Heres my thoughts on this.

Why Bother.............. I use an everyday car Tom Tom 1005 in my truck with Low Bridge poi installed

A sat nav is only a guide & no replacement for your eyes, you should know the width, length & height of your vehicle & pay attention to the road signs so as to stay out of trouble.

If you dont like the look of the road dont go down it simples

::bigsmile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I paid about £300 for a Snooper motorhome version sat nav, which has taken me up single track lanes with passing places and, in France, into a field ( a sign said Camping du Ferme, so I assumed I was in right place-- ha! Lane fizzled out with ditch on one side, wall on other and me on my own) I wish I'd just stuck to my old TomTom. If you have someone else with you to maybe check on a map, point out signs that might prevent you coming to a low bridge, them I'd say stick with the TomTom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
always preview your route & alter it with way-points

unfortunately unlike the old tom toms on the later version you can only add 3 so make em worthwhile & keep fastest route in settings.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi David
My tomtom 1005 is gathering dust as I find my 7" screen Chinese £63 satnav knocks spots off it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back