Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
does anyone know if there is somewhere to send a Tom Tom device to get sorted. I decided to carry out an update and for the last 3 days have been trying to re-install my map. I stupidly bought a memory card and the motorhome caravan map thinking that would replace the original, not a chance. If all else fails need to buy an alternative but I am sure the right person would sort it

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If the original map is still installed but not available try deleteing it.

The onboard memory isnt big enough for a pair of 6gb maps.

Or try a hard reboot.
I think you press and hold the off button for 20 seconds then restart the device.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
You will know it's rebooted itself when you hear a sound like banging drums (y) well that's what mine sounds like:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I have uninstalled original map, re booted device and got through the process described by Tom Tom, empty cache. After that there explanation for the last 3 parts I can't seem to follow

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a thought......how old is the tomtom ?

Does it require Mydrive or tomtom home for downloading new media.

Just thought it possible you are using the wrong pc format.

The following navigation devices do not connect to HOME: GO 800/1000/2000 series, GO LIVE Top Gear edition, Via series, Start 20 series, Start 60, Blue&Me TomTom 2 LIVE, Sony XNV, TomTom Connect, GO 40, GO 50, GO 60, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, Rider 400, Rider 40, GO 510, GO 610, GO 5000, GO 6000, GO 5100, GO 6100, Trucker 6000, START 40, START 50, START 60.
Go to tomtom.com/getstarted to download the MyDrive Connect support application.

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
My Tom Tom is go live 1005 and is about 4 years old. Connected via my drive connect on windows 7. It has updated ok before but this time it just went to no pictures found, tried everything, but no joy. If I hadn't have purchased the euro camper map I would have just bought a garmin etc, looking at other forums it looks like a common problem

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Having been on the phone to Tom Tom for 65 minutes the problem has been solved!!! Smashed it with my hammer, urgh. They where useless but did offer to refund me for the euro map

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Now what to buy, would be nice to get something that does what it says on the tin, is reliable and wasn't so damn frustrating to update

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Now what to buy, would be nice to get something that does what it says on the tin, is reliable and wasn't so damn frustrating to update

probably not what you want to hear but an android smartphone and a decent data bundle.. google maps are generally very reliable and update constantly (with a small timelag of course but certainly no worse than if you updated to the latest tomtom maps every day / week etc)

if you want to have size and weight information then the chinese 7'' satnavs everyone raves about seem good.. although I haven't got one yet preferring to keep my eyes on the signposts and just ignore turnings that look too narrow or indicate further restrictions

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
but an android smartphone and a decent data bundle.. google maps are generally very reliable and update constantly
I just used Google maps to find a store in York.

6minutes away.....no, I could see the store 200mts away.
Your destination is on the left.
No...it was on the right.

Load of shite.

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I do use my phone for work as I have unlimited internet, trouble with touring in the dales and lakes there is often no connection available. Camper maps are appealing but not to reliable from what I have read. Planning on 5 weeks in Europe next year so not in a great rush and will keep looking and reading reviews. Am loathed to buy another Tom Tom.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back