TOM TOM sat nav

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by treetops1, Apr 5, 2013.

1. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Being having problems with my tom tom .it now appears Tom Tom have had a major problem in europe ,the gps has being lost to various models .if your tom tom is a blank you have to press your on button for 20 seconds you will then be put onto an emergency signal until this can be rectified some will work, some will not .You can log on to your account with tom tom to find all the models involved ,they claim it went off on 31st march ,but the info is at present only on there web site .I think they were having problems before then.:Wink:

2. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Funny you should say that :Laughing:

My Tom Tom has been playing up recently and this week has locked up totally :cry:

Its less than a year old so not very please....... Contacted Halfords today and the guy told me to reset the device and check for software updates.

Reset and updated this evening and seems to start up and work a lot quicker :thumb::thumb:

Ralph.

3. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

This is exactly 12 months on from the last major issue, sounds very similar.

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Connected mine today to get the usual updates, and it installed a quite big one, possibly the one referred to.

5. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Will try mine, nothing worse than the unit not working 100m down the road.....