Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Hi all,
Just got a query regarding Tom Tom My Drive. I purchased a Tom Tom Camper & Caravan Sat Nav last year, and noted that the Tom Tom takes forever and a day to do the latest updates ( well over an hour !!!!) Is it just me, or have others noted the same??? I also have a Tom Tom Go 710 and a Tom Tom XXL , both in good working oder, and their updates only take a couple of minutes or so. I have a brother who lives in Germany, and he bought a Tom Tom Start over there recently, and he says its the same over there with his updates, taking ages and ages. So it isn't just me then, or my Laptop ( Lenovo with Windows 7 ). I read somewhere, that it has something to do with the Software that Tom Tom changed over to. I believe they have changed to some cheaper Chinese Software, hence the long delays in updates. Has onyone any ideas on this?? Many thanks.
BillyS

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm on a slow connection so my Garmin takes a few hours, usually overnight for map updates. You can imagine the language when I get up in the morning and find it's crashed. :Sad:

spotsy

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
Tomtom Mydrive

Hi, I had similar situation and the problem was that the usb port I used was not a 2.0 version on my pc ( which I thought was ) suggest you check what usb version your sat nav requires and if your pc/laptop is compatible and if other usb drives are in use at same time may delay downloads. Hope this helps:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back