Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Anyone got any ideas on this.

Tom Tom one voice instuctions no longer work. the unit says it is switched on. Have tried to re set the unit but still no sound

Thanks

Lampie

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hi, if your TomTom has a headphones output you could try plugging in there and see if you get anything. If you do it probably means the internal speaker has failed or become disconnected, then take it back if still under guarantee.

I always use a couple of small amplified speakers connected to mine, helps to hear it above the noise from the diesel :Smile:

Phil.

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Are you using the tom tom with a bluetooth mobile phone if so turn phone off then re boot tom tom if this then works ok download latest operating system and mobile phone update

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have a MIO A201 running TomTom 6 and have no external devices attached either mechanically or by Bluetooth etc.

Occasionally we get the same problem - the voice disappears and nothing that I have found will bring it back except for a hard reset

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Have you tried changing the voice used? Go throught the preferences and select a different voice. It could be that the voice file selected is corrupt (unusual but worth a try.)

Also, double check that you haven't disabled sound OR turned volume right down... Don't laugh - it's been done before :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back