Tom Tom go 700

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Carol, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Any one any idea's how to update our tomtom, we have tried via the tom tom site and after much frustration all we got was you can do it for £44 any one any more reasonable alternatives please.

2. bigfish

bigfish Read Only Funster

Just done mine only place i could find was the proper site,but it was wortht the money and cheaper then a new one:thumb:

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

When you say update, Carol, I take it you mean update the maps rather than the software. The only way to update maps is to buy them off TomTom or get them from a dodgy torrent site.

We changed to Garmin last year and I bought a lifetime map update subscription for £74.99 3 months ago - see This Thread.

4. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

You can update via mapshare at no cost.

This is known map corrections from TomTom and TomTom users.

To be honest, buying a new updated map, doesn't mean that all the roads will be correct.

Pete:Cool:

5. Pusser

Pusser Read Only Funster

There is a bizarity, (not only in that word :Blush: ) but sometimes it will not work with versions of IExplorer and sometime it will not work with Firefox. So, which ever one you are using, try the other.

I have to use Firefox as IE9 don't work it don't.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

The misses bought me a Tom-Tom Go 950 live,, and every now and then she just plugs it into the Computer and updates...

Superb bit of kit.. :thumb:

As said I would think yours would be similar to update..

I`m afraid I am to thick to know how she does it.. :Doh:

7. Pusser

Pusser Read Only Funster

I have assumed you have downloaded the software you need i.e. My tom tom software or the other version if you do not have live.

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi Carol,Strangely a friend updated my 700 last night. He also put East Europe on it which I didn't think possible. Unfortunately he has gone to Norwich with it today but on his return on Monday I will find out how and what he did and contact you then.

9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

All of that is easy enough if you want to pay S B..

As said, all you need is the TomTom Home software ( free download ) and an internet connection

But to update the base map ( and indeed add other maps on ) is not free

If your friend has found a way to do it at no cost get the info posted up on here !! :thumb:

You will be EVERYONES friend ( at least, everyone who has a TomTom !! :Wink: )

10. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi Jaws, As I said the lad downloaded the software as my computer skills are the next best thing to useless,regardless of what some think:RollEyes:.
    Anyway I will ask him to post the results on his return on Monday,but having said that I can only ask.I spoke to him earlier on the phone and he said that he had downloaded something from Google earth which he said was better than the tomtom version.It now has East Europe on it,or so he tells me.He did say something about he I would lose some of the voices as the memory was now full on my 700.As I said am not very computer literate so am hoping he will pass on the info on my behalf instead of getting it 3rd hand.What I can tell you is that it was downloading for about 3 hours and we have a fast connection,but I must say it was not with the water cooled computer he built himself:Eeek:.

11. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumb: