Toll Roads, Ireland (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, I will be heading to Ireland soon and was thinking about the toll roads. Several years ago we were over there in the car and ended up on toll roads and came off again without ever seeing ( might have been there and I missed them ) a toll booth to pay at. We were told later that you need to go into a shop to pay. Did I just miss something obvious? We are not planning to use the toll roads deliberately but if we end up on them we don't want to avoid paying and get a fine. TIA

Dec 27, 2014
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner
Exp
Since 2014
The only toll road in Ireland without toll booths is the M50, which is the ring road around Dublin. You need to pay this toll in a shop or petrol station. All other toll roads have toll booths, camper vans/motor homes are charged the same as cars.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
You can also pay the M50 toll on line. The tolls are not expensive and we have tags on both the MH and the cars (but then again we visit often!).

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Kath and Superstorm, is there a best/easy/scenic nice route you can recommend from Larne to the South. Thinking of heading to Waterford area to start with.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
You can come down the motorway to Dublin but I am afraid I can't offer any suggestions of scenic routes as normally we are travelling to or from ferry so haven't really explored this part of Ireland. We are booked on the Fishguard Roslare route in August and plan to tour around the South east as we have never been there. Kerry, Cork, Clare and Galway are our usual spots!

Kath

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are going the start of August. We are looking to head to Cork, Kerry etc over that area. All tips , places to go, wild spots or general places of interest welcome. We are taking our dog and I was at our vet this week clarifying the passport situation. The letter of the law is that you need a pet passport. Bit of a great area because although its not GB and it's an EU country we can enter via northern Ireland and drive south into southern Ireland without any border checks. The vet said that they sometimes ask for them on the ferries to southern Ireland but not all the time. I'm getting the passport , not everyone dose but that's their choice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back