Porscha

Free Member
Apr 9, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
Just doing a make over on my motorhome and wanted to know if I can put a normal domestic toilet in place of the one I have. The current one is a flap type which empties into a tank which gets emptied under the vehicle. I have seen what appear to be normal compact corner toilets in newer versions of my motorhome and think they are so much more like home. :Smile: Anyone done anything like this or can advise? TIA :thumb:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Just doing a make over on my motorhome and wanted to know if I can put a normal domestic toilet in place of the one I have. The current one is a flap type which empties into a tank which gets emptied under the vehicle. I have seen what appear to be normal compact corner toilets in newer versions of my motorhome and think they are so much more like home. :Smile: Anyone done anything like this or can advise? TIA :thumb:

I think the differences are the mechanism between said toilet and cassette (from memory) but also the weight - a standard loo is pot/enamel and heavy compared to a plasitc or composite type motorhome loo....

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you mean a domestic toilet as you have in the bathroom at home it would be very difficult.

the outlet on the pan is 100mm (4") and would need major surgery to open up the tank (assuming its a fixed tank and not a cassette) and install 100mm pipework.
the outlet always comes out of the back of the pan and could be straight or 90deg angled.

then you move on to the cistern.
an average toilet uses around 8ltrs of water for a full flush....how long before your tank is full ?...not long.

if the tank is directly below the pan then you could try one of these which drops straight down below the pan.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back