Toilet surround repair

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by stringa, Jul 24, 2016.

1. stringa

stringa Funster

nah then,
    Does anyone know where I could get a replacement for my toilet, all the plastic surround has cracked here and there and it looks unsightly. I doubt if they still make them it's a 1997 wayfarer. Also something fell out of the cabinate and made a 1 inch crack in the wash basin how should I repair it.

2. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Which toilet? Try eBay for SH parts - there are usually a fair number of basins listed. Consider also O'Learys & Magnum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

several caravan breakers advertise on ebay. the same bench seat style cassette toilet were fitted to most motorhomes and caravans of that time. the same goes for wash basins. repairing the thin plastic of a basin to a good finish is highly unlikely. the only real way is plastic welding with a soldering iron

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

The toilet and the basin are going to be generic items supplied to the M/H builder from a manufacturer.
    Alternatives will be available from caravan suppliers or try O'Learys in Beverly

• Like Like x 1
  5. davanne

davanne Funster

Don't know about your toilet but Derek Justice in Derbyshire repairs and makes new washbasins he made one for us last year and we were very pleased with it"

• Like Like x 1