Toilet seat height (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a toilet seat height raiser? I have a Thetford c2 swivel toilet & need a removable seat that will lift it about 2 or 4" as my MIL suffers from here knee replacements & this would help her to continue to join us in the motorhome.

Thanks
Mike

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
easier to take 3 or 4 inches off MILs legs:ROFLMAO:

seriously standard mobility seat risers wont work as they will damage the toilet, even if you can get the to hold on firmly. have had to rescue mother, wife and another person when the raised toilet seat (different ones) slid off the pan and deposited the person sitting on the floor. in mothers case she got stuck between the toilet and the wall. dangerous things toilet seat raisers if they are not fitted tightly to the toilet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Last edited:
OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
easier to take 3 or 4 inches off MILs legs:ROFLMAO:

seriously standard mobility seat risers wont work as they will damage the toilet, even if you can get the to hold on firmly. have had to rescue mother, wife and another person when the raised toilet seat (different ones) slid off the pan and deposited the person sitting on the floor. in mothers case she got stuck between the toilet and the wall. dangerous things toilet seat raisers if they are not fitted tightly to the toilet

Security of the seat is my concern, I was hoping that a Funster may have found a suitable one that works with the Thetford C2 swivel seat.
It may be that there is no practical solution in the end. (No pun intended!)

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This was asked on another forum I belong to. The thread below refers to the bench type toilet and you have to remove the existing seat and replace it with the one mentioned but it does fasten securely....don't know about fitting on a swivel bowl though.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t5372-disabled-loo-seat?highlight=toilet+seat+height#44616

I have tried the type that clamps to the bowl but they will not fit due to the seat having a raised moulding to clip the seat & lid to, so no flush fitting possibility.

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Unfortunately I can't open the details on my iPad, so I am not sure if it is compatible with the C2 toilet & also if they sell them in the UK.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Here is a picture of what Paul has found..

It raises the whole pan :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back