Toilet, Not Flushed With Success !!

Discussion in 'How To' started by TUCANO, May 12, 2015.

1. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Like no waters :whistle:

I am buying a new flush switch for my Thetford toilet, water pump works okay as does the additional small pump under the bowl so, realizing that the flush switch was inoperative I have ordered a new one from Marcle leisure.
    Looking at the rear of the switch there are amperage markings of, if I remember correctly because I can't find it at present, 1.2, 1.4, 2.2 and 2.4 amps.
    It is possible, because I did it, to connect this switch the wrong way around, and burn out the 7.5 amp fuse, three times !!
    Does anyone out there/here know the correct orientation of this switch please, must buy more fuses.
    Failing this attempt I will have to let some experts tackle the work, I just hate hurting my wallet :cry:

Thanks,

Norman.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

bumpity bump :whistle:

3. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

Found you!

4. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Those figures sound like terminal numbers. There is no way a switch can be damaged whichever way round it is fitted.

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

If it's a C200 model, I have just looked at the repair manual for replacing the flush switch and it says the white connector can be reconnected either way round. I suggest there is another problem causing the fault.

6. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Thank you all for your assistance, the terminal is not white, brown but no matter. I have to change it anyway now as it burnt out, will try it once it arrives and should I again have no success it is off to the experts with me looking over their shoulder [​IMG]

7. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

An update to this thread of mine.

I replaced the terminal and still no better flush so no option left but to buy a new pump.
    In my frustration, and wanting to get the job done I rang Brownhills expecting to be put through to Darren, a polite guy told me that they had and could post out immediately a new pump so I gave them the business. Gave them £62 and then realized that I had already made enquiries at Marcle leisure to purchase same for £38 :groan:

However, dada, now flushed with success :Eeek: Best flush it has ever been and almost tempted to have a shower also.
    Now if I had bought a new pump in the first instance :whistle2::swear2::whistle2: I hope this is of some help to others in a similar situation.

Norman.

• Like Like x 1