Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
davanne,

Thanks again, obviously the way to go as I have always thought that the flush was a feeble affair, I need an accessory shop then (y)

Norman.
Norman ours is a reich pump and although it is quite tight to fit the truma NRV does fit in. I think it cost under a fiver to buy.
Our taps and flush were working before fitting this but with a limited flow.
Good luck

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Many thanks once again, the problem with have to wait for awhile as I have just spent time getting the indicators to work, priority, priority.
I know little of a valve under the bowl and couldn't see anything that looked valve-ish, will have another look after this weekend meet at Garstang (y)
Norman.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
There is an electrically controlled valve under the bowl (I assume yours is a C200 model). The Thetford website used to have an easily accessible set of repair manuals to download but I cannot find them now. Perhaps another Funster can point you to them. Otherwise, I can upload them to the resources area but that will not be instant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
An update, and a photo I hope. at the Garstang meet I was well surprised to see a flush in another van as mine has never been that powerful.I have managed to flush quite a lot of sludge from the inlet to the bowl with a little improvement to the flush, however I feel that the bowl must be removed to investigate further.
Can anyone tell me if the four screws in this photo of the underneath of the bowl will release the bowl, thank you.
Norman.

Attachments

• DSC_0164.JPG
    DSC_0164.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 43
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i dont think removing the bowl will help have you tried a bit of wire into the flush outlet to see if its blocked

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Dribble is pee@@@ me off :)
/QUOTE]

Not surprised. Had I seen this yesterday I might have been able to help. Took Grandad Ted (92) to the Omcology department of the local hospital,....I could have asked, they had a cubical signed "FLOW RATE" !!
Hope you get your water works sorted asp...:giggler::giggler:

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
tonyidle, thank you I will investigate when I get the time, cheers.

mitzimad, tried the wire and it stopped after about 18 inches, then used a compressed airline in both directions with a little sludge appearing which increased the flow only slightly.

The van is now back at the storage site and I have my granddaughters for the weekend so it will have to wait for awhile.

Thanks again. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snapafun

Free Member
Feb 24, 2020
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Elddis Crusader
Exp
50 years
Just had a likewise prob with our C200.

Pulled The top switch casing up as it's only set with mastic. NB: Only put it back with mastic!

Years of accumulated slugged attached to walls and base of bowl suggested a dirty impeller so all I needed to do was remove the four screws securing the switch base plate - pull the hose off the regulator - to allow me to lift the pump out.

Cleaned it up and test ran with a little WD40 and re-installed the lot.

Running better than ever with heaps more grunt.

SO..... Don't forget some good old cleaning as a service. This time it's all mine needed.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'e been using Milton for years without any issues and yet have to see any foreign matter in my filter. The solution is only in for an hour or so and then thoroughly rinsed out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back