Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
SOG: Come on this has to have a great meaning to it, right ?

Sog is the past participle of the German verb 'to suck' - so SOG means SUCKED - similar to the mouth action used to get the gravy off the lump(s) in a Fray Bentos pie - Nice! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Interesting thread, another ex-blue liquid user now after reading this.

Thanks guy:Smile:

Trip to get some Bio liquidy stuff, and then perhaps investigate smogs:ROFLMAO:

SOG: Come on this has to have a great meaning to it, right ?

Smell Odor Gone ?

Desperately trying to slip in Frey Bentos...

Or Smelly Old Geezer! We were having a similar conversation here about this:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We use bio washing powder, but found that to make it work we never wash out the cassette, we always leave some poo and wee in it, and we also put fish tank dechlorinator in the flush water tank. Dont use pink stuff.
Its all about growing bacteria. Tap water contains chlorine which kills bacteria. Therefore, if you use tap water to rinse or wash out the cassette, dechlorinate it first - same stuff you would use to dechlorinate a fish tank.
Its like having your own little sewage farm.

We're on a private water supply, so no chlorine in our water.....thankfully:thumb:
We only have a filter and the ultra violet lamp to "zap" anything that might find it's way into the tank. But apart from that just lovely, pure Scottish water:Smile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Funny you should mention that:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: We were wondering about suds in the bowl:RollEyes:

Don't see any problem with that, do away with toilet paper? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I find it extremely hard to believe they need a licence to sell formaldahyde based produces....ie 'thetford blue' etc

and as JJ said, a good bio washing powder or tablets will do the same job at a fraction of the price of 'toilet blue'

we dont use anything other than natures way in the RV holding tanks....natural decomposition and empty into any sewer.

Hi John,
Yes, we were surprised to hear this too, but we phoned the caravan park at Creebridge and then Auchenlarie, just along from us and got the same story.
We haven't touched the two bottles from Wilkinsons, so at £6.98 each one, I wonder if they would take it back:RollEyes::roflmto:
Bill

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I did my own DIY SOG cost zero if you don't count a couple of mugs of coffee :thumb:
used a bath overflow pipe,micro switch,3 ins comp fan wire and a surface mount single socket box with a blanking plate :Doh: and cooker hood carbon filter -about an hour to fit :winky:
terry

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I generally give it a good "Glug".... at £1 a bottle it's no great expense..:thumb:

Do I have to add some fresh water to make this work or just add a good Glug?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Do I have to add some fresh water to make this work or just add a good Glug?

A little water is fine but do remember that your urine will break down most things you pass :winky: You can empty every day and get away with no chemicals what so ever, blue/green or bio -just makes the smell more pleasant ::bigsmile:If you do a big Henry an hour or so before emptying I grantee it will need a good shake to get it out ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
A little water is fine but do remember that your urine will break down most things you pass :winky: You can empty every day and get away with no chemicals what so ever, blue/green or bio -just makes the smell more pleasant ::bigsmile:If you do a big Henry an hour or so before emptying I grantee it will need a good shake to get it out ::bigsmile:
terry

..........and if it does come out it will be a "Hooray Henry"!!:roflmto:
Bill:RollEyes:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I did my own DIY SOG cost zero if you don't count a couple of mugs of coffee :thumb:
used a bath overflow pipe,micro switch,3 ins comp fan wire and a surface mount single socket box with a blanking plate :Doh: and cooker hood carbon filter -about an hour to fit :winky:
terry

Any chance to more info on what you did, pics write would be great

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Ridgeway here are some pics -the two small fans were changed for a 3 ins fan (maybe 3 1/2 I forget :Smile:) MORE TO FOLLOW

Attachments

• Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 61
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Photo-0006.jpg
    Photo-0006.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 62

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
YOU CAN TAKE OUT THE EXPANSION PLUG IN THE CASSETTE (OOOPS CAPS:winky:) and stick the bath overflow pipe into that-also easy to take back out and refit if not happy.The micro switch is sited so that when sluice is opened it turns the fan on :thumb:
terry

Attachments

• Photo-0007.jpg
    Photo-0007.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo-0008.jpg
    Photo-0008.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 34

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Great info Terry,

I assume that the fan is located in that outer white housing and that it is sucking out the air ?

Is your micro switch connected to the blade ?

Think I've got most of these parts around the house some where,

Thanks

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Hi Ridgeway here are some pics -the two small fans were changed for a 3 ins fan (maybe 3 1/2 I forget :Smile:) MORE TO FOLLOW

At the risk of sounding stupid, please can you tell me how you plug the hole left by the pipe when you remove the cassette to empty it. :Blush:
I have visions of a smelly trail being left around, not to mention splash backs. :Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Great info Terry,

I assume that the fan is located in that outer white housing and that it is sucking out the air ?

Is your micro switch connected to the blade ?

Think I've got most of these parts around the house some where,

Thanks
YES it is sucking---It actually in the door :Smile: the white thing is a surface mounted socket back box with a blanking plate and the carbon cooker filter is in the housing with holes in sides and bottom :thumb:The micro switch is stuck and screwed in position so that when sluice is opened it touches it and turns the fan on :thumb:

At the risk of sounding stupid, please can you tell me how you plug the hole left by the pipe when you remove the cassette to empty it. :Blush:
I have visions of a smelly trail being left around, not to mention splash backs. :Eeek:
I take it off the other end so it is a long pipe held out of the way :thumb: Smell does not bother me
terry

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Will have a play about with this in coming weeks when back from France.

Thanks Terry, nice of you to post this info

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
legislation

This SOG seems like a splendid idea.All new motorhomes should have to be fitted wth them by law.I really don't like the chemicals and am amazed they're allowed for domestic use.
I can't fit one on mine because the cassette door is actually inside the van.I have to open the back door to get to it,it doesn't have an external opening so I'll have to use nothing or will try biological washing liquidmuch less noxious.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
99p a litre and it can clean the bowl too.

The price of a (smelly to those outside) SOG buys an awful lot of this (eco friendly) stuff...:winky:

Only need a cap full each time.

Enzymes Rool Ok?

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• bargain loo liquid.jpg
    bargain loo liquid.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This SOG seems like a splendid idea.All new motorhomes should have to be fitted wth them by law.I really don't like the chemicals and am amazed they're allowed for domestic use.
I can't fit one on mine because the cassette door is actually inside the van.I have to open the back door to get to it,it doesn't have an external opening so I'll have to use nothing or will try biological washing liquidmuch less noxious.

You can fit the SOG unit pipe to come out anywhere It is only a matter of extending the pipe,but then again like I and JJ says if you are buying one (unlike my DIY one )£90 buys an awful lot of liquid :winky:
terry

boyart23

Free Member
Feb 27, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
since 2002
Sog

Hi, 'scuse ignorance but what's a SOG. Last one I met was a Sea Operated Grease Gun. But that's another story.

Boyart23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back