Toilet chemicals.....(again!) (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Sorry to bring this up again but having read through a few of the black water threads I'm somewhat confused....No surprises there then!! :lipssealed:
I use to buy toilet chemicals in packs of 50 from a nice man on eBay. They came marked for "airways use" and did the job ( no pun intended) brilliantly. Sadly he no longer seems to be selling them ( proberly got the sack for nicking them in the first place!) so I have tried various alternatives. It was this forum that alerted me to the possibility of using washing capsules.
At long last, the question....Just bought Formal Biological liquid capsules from Lidl. Will they work, are they safe, will it stink?!! If they are no good I also bought some extra white tee shirts so they won't be wasted!!! :wasntme:

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Formal Biological liquid capsules from Lidl work for us.
When empting it appears to discharge a brown liquid, a couple of rinses and when the output runs clear, that's it.
Add a litre or so of clean water to start it off, and replace the cassette.
Then from inside drop a capsule down the loo.

I also hve a bottle of the stuff in liquid form and add a small amout to the flush water.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We used the capsules once but didn't think they were as good as just using bio liquid - think it's probably because the capsules need to dissolve before any of the bio liquid can get to work!

Denise

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
We used the capsules once but didn't think they were as good as just using bio liquid - think it's probably because the capsules need to dissolve before any of the bio liquid can get to work!

Denise
That's why you need to put a litre or two of plain water in the cassette to start it off. The capsules dissolve on contact with water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Any doubters on this? If these capsules are not suitable for biodegradable systems what happens to households in the middle of nowhere, does their grey water mix with the black stuff or does it run off along storm drains, if there are any around? In other words, if it works for them is it not ok for our sewage systems?

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
Any doubters on this? If these capsules are not suitable for biodegradable systems what happens to households in the middle of nowhere, does their grey water mix with the black stuff or does it run off along storm drains, if there are any around? In other words, if it works for them is it not ok for our sewage systems?

We live in the middle of nowhere and all our waste water (grey and black) goes into our septic tank. We don't worry about washing powders/capsules, but do not use bleach. Having lived here 15 years and only had the septic tank emptied twice, it all seems to work ok. Only rainwater runs into the dyke.

In the Motorhome I have installed my own 'SOG', and for the last 'fill' didn't use anything. No smell inside, and no neighbours complaining about the outside smell. :)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
That's why you need to put a litre or two of plain water in the cassette to start it off. The capsules dissolve on contact with water.

You need to put a litre of water in if your using any bio/chemical system to make it work .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back