Free Member
May 4, 2010
Hastings, England
Funster No
MH
Ambulance conversion
Exp
:Blush:Hi all,
Wondered whether anyone can help with advice over which portable chemical toilet to buy for our camper. So far we have been restricted to staying on sites because of my needs but would prefer some "wild camping". Our Autosleeper has the cubicle, but it's not fitted out as a shower/loo or whatever, so we need something that will easily stow away in there and lightweight enough to carry in and out. I have been looking at the Kampa portoflush and Fiamma Bipot series; does anyone have any experience with either of these?

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

For when we're camping with the tent we have a porta potti (Thetford I think) it has a tank on top that you fill and a manual pump to flush, the waste storage tank isn't particularly heavy when full certainly no worse than a motorhome waste tank.

Sounds daft but they're very liberating, like you say you can stay on smaller sites but just being able to use it in the middle of the night without having to get fully dressed and go outside... worth every penny :thumb:

Karen

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Before progressing to campers with toilets fixed we also used a Thetford porta potti and for years it served us well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have used (and still do) a Thetford Porta Potty 365 for decades...

Sadly, as cassette toilets become the norm the price of these Porta Potties have gone up dramatically in some outlets but last year I got one at a show for under £50...

JJ

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've had a Fiamma Bipot for nearly 30 years! Don't use it regularly now - last time about 18 months ago, when we were camping - but it still works fine.

As I recall, it was quite a bargain when we purchased it, and certainly given very good service with no faults or problems. Used to use it most weekends when we camped a lot more. Also, in our first caravan which didn't have a fitted loo.

And as nokaii (Karen) said, it's just the convenience of having your own en-suite; especially in the middle of the night.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We bought a porta potti years ago , the first time one of the kids kicked the bucket ( with a loo seat on from towsure ) over in the tent.:RollEyes::Doh:
We still have it and used it with the first caravan we had , it didnt have a loo:whatthe:.
It still gets used when the kids camp out in the garden , or when ever we decide to go proper camping , with the tent.
Bev

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
whatever you do don't empty it in marizion though ,, you might upset the locals:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(see warning Marzion thread)

seriously though I use a portapotti for all the previously mentioned reasons and have done quite happily for many years:thumb::thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There are a full range of chemical toilets available from me ranging from a simple 'bucket' type with a seat and a lid and internal container at £19-99 to the full monty Fiamma, Thetford and Kampa toilets with of course Funster discount:thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
Hendrixfan

Hendrixfan

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Hastings, England
Funster No
MH
Ambulance conversion
Exp
Toilets...

Well, it seems the Thetford Porta potti is the toilet of choice; it's a pity it seems more expensive than the others though:Sad:
Thanks for the Lidl tip, but although cheap, I think I'd be more inclined to stick with a brand name I know I can get spares for.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
If you decide to get a toilet tent don't get the Lulu, we had one and the stresses it is under (how it's made) makes the ribbon ties pull out of the material.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I have used (and still do) a Thetford Porta Potty 365 for decades...

Sadly, as cassette toilets become the norm the price of these Porta Potties have gone up dramatically in some outlets but last year I got one at a show for under £50...

Whereas some of us mugs bought a 335 as an optional accessory with the van and paid...er...considerably more (check on Amazon, and add a bit) :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back