Free Member
Mar 15, 2013
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Conversion A class
Exp
Hi all,
We have a 16 month old little boy and we're just starting to use our motorhome for the first time.
We have a CI with a u bed at back which little one and I sleep in and another double over cab which hubby sleeps in. Not ideal but will do for us until we can be assured that he can get back into bed if he falls out etc lol. We did think of a bed guard but I think he'd try to climb over and would definitely fall - but if anyone has any other tips or experience of this that would be good.
My other question really is what did you/anyone do about the door? He is absolutely fascinated with steps at the mo of course and we can't leave the door open when we're in the MH as he tries to get out (and would fall down the steps as he has no fear n just walks off the edge lol)
We were thinking of a stairgate?! has anyone else come across this problem?
What do others do about feeding too? I tend to find it a nightmare to get him to eat whilst we're away cos he's too interested in exploring the windows and wriggling away from the table as of course he's not strapped in like in his high chair lol
Any answers gratefully received :)
Cheers
Rain :Smile:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We did a few trips with our granddaughter when she was about that age. My husband built a stair gate out of a bit of mdf and we just connected it with a few small sliding bolts. Did not damage motor home. Removed them when we sold it. She loved standing there looking over it and got lots of smiles and waves from passing campers! We found taking a light weight high chair was best for keeping contained at meal times. Must admit we were lucky and the weather was always ok to eat outside. Enjoy your travels .:Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Sounds as if you've got your hands full, he's just a normal, inquisitive toddler::bigsmile: Can't suggest much for inside the van without knowing very much about your layout though.

But with regards to feeding etc, from what I remember with our two is that the novelty of windows etc will soon ware off and he will eat when he's hungry:Smile:

Good luck with everything!
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rainmac80

Free Member
Mar 15, 2013
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Conversion A class
Exp
Ha ha ha, yeah I did think that :)
The main prob really is the door - have found some narrow stairgates but just thought someone has bound to have come up with something simpler already :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
thinking back, we used a thin piece of plywood cut to fit across the door, much the same as the gate I have made to keep the dogs in. the gate is about 8 upright thin strips of wood loosely bolted to a cross piece 6 inches in from top and bottom. this allows the gate to be folded to a smaller size when not required. shop bought stairgates dont work so well and just get in the way in the motorhome

feeding is simple, strap him/her into car seat first then keep a favourite toy in the other hand to distract from the windows or anything else. good god I can remember playing the airplane game over and over all those years ago. just takes patience and a strong will to ignore the tantrums and frustration (from me not the child :ROFLMAO:)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Easy Peasy lemon squeezy...............

No, no no no no; don't thank me.........

down there for dancing............:thumb:

what-are-some-intricate-halloween-costumes-to-start-planning-now-1209911916-oct-3-2012-1-600x800.jpg

OP
OP
R

rainmac80

Free Member
Mar 15, 2013
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Conversion A class
Exp
Ha ha ha ha ha that is hilarious!! Am properly chuckling at that, I could do with using that for at least half hour each day :) although sure social services would have something to say about it lol
Thanks for all your input guys, think I'll be keeping the door shut this weekend anyway with weather forecast and then we'll try to fashion something together for next time :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Our CI as most vans came with a nettingtype safety gate for the beds whic is attached to the base under the matress & has elasticated hooks to fasten to eyes on the ceiling.
I made a gate for the door which also serves as a dog gate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back