Today is the day, the countdown has finished. (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I wonder how many funsters stickers we will see en route.

Excited muchly :Grin:

None probably. In ten years I don't recall seeing one unexpectedly, sometimes seen heading for the same meet. There is a lot of road out there and not that many FUNsters.

Have FUN.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Ive seen quite a few, there were 4 funsters on an aire I was on last year ( 3 were in and we had a group photo) then there was another at a camp site in york but they were out

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I wonder how many funsters stickers we will see en route.
I have seen two to see & chat to 'on the road'. One on an aire in France & the other in a layby in Lincolnshire. Lots at or approaching shows & meets, but that doesn't really count. That's in 2 1/2 years.

Actually FUN meets were still indirectly involved in both those sightings. In France we were on our way to a meet, but they weren't & in Lincs they were coming from a meet while we were on our way to a different one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
On the tunnel in a couple of weeks ourselves. Let us know if Security checks added much to your check in time, please.

Have a great trip!:)

Tunnel was fantastic! Arrived an hour and a half early and if you go to self check-in it gives you the option of changing to an earlier crossing (both of which in our case were at no extra cost), so we took the next available. From there drove to passport control, quick check then on to where they pull vehicles to the side. They were swabbing all the cars in front of us so we were expecting a long wait. He came up to us, asked if he could check our gas bottles, then advised us to reverse back out and go past all the ones they were swabbing and go join our lines ready for loading! From checking in to arriving in France was less than an hour. Am very impressed.

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Thanks everyone. We arrived in Alicante area yesterday afternoon to glorious sunshine and 22 degrees. We decided to stay on the seafront aire at Altea for a couple of nights then we will move round to Benidorm tomorrow. Today it is chucking it down :( so im taking the opportunity to email home, catch up on threads etc. Loving it!

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Have a fantastic time. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun